Subaru Outback Forums banner

FA24 DIT Short Block Replacement

5K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  YeuEmMaiMai 
#1 ·

#3 ·
One of the more annoying camera effects I’ve seen... it’s like the camera is on a pendulum or rocker. Just why?

Nifty time lapse though!
The first time I watched it I didn't even notice the pendulum effect but now I can't believe I missed it. It's as if it's in a ship at sea. Getting seasick!

#6 ·
Sorry guys it's not the best video but it's the only video I've found of the FA24 being disassembled. It looks pretty daunting. Turned off the sound to make it watchable - nothing to hear anyways. I sometimes post videos that are of low quality just because it's something Outback related that I stumbled upon.

Should I only post quality stuff I stumble upon, or continue being fairly indiscriminate? The last thing I want to do is put up stuff that makes the forum worse!

Reactions: walker
#11 ·
Probably not the same car, but on the Ascent forum there's a discussion about short block problems:

Subaru engineering has decided it is my pvc valve. Apparently the valve failed enabling the engine to suck oil through the intake.

Reactions: Kevin
#12 ·
Thank you for sharing, that was an interesting thread to read through. Aside from Subaru claiming that it was a PCV problem they also replaced the high pressure fuel pump that feeds the direct injection system (not the fuel tank pump). I know that Hyundai GDI engines have had issues with both systems as well and it is recommended to change the PCV valve every 30,000 miles. The high pressure fuel pump is a noisy SOB on my Hyundai, it actually sounds a lot like a manual transmission ticking when you shift into too high of a gear.

#13 ·
Reactions: PilotXT and Kevin
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.