Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 2.5 L Obsidian Black Outback XTL
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subaru makes a factory accessory for a steel skid plate for the engine and diff;

Engine under guard (steel) E515EAL000 (Serbia)
Differential under guard (steel) E515EAL200 (Serbia)

In South Africa they show an engine under guard of aluminum.

I think that the Primitive plates provide better coverage and also have a transmission plate as another option.

There are a bunch of other neat options like tire repair kits with a portable air compressor, illuminated door sills in a variety of logos.

You would now need to figure out how to buy those accessories and import them in to the US. Subaru USA must of had a shopping list of accessories they could offer in the American market and scratched off a bunch of things.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited 3.6r
366 Posts
I saw the best prices on Subaru’s EU website. I don’t know how shipping would work though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I like it because it’s OEM and the plates I’ve found aren’t that expensive.
Do you have links to the other items you mentioned?

·
Premium Member
2007 2.5 L Obsidian Black Outback XTL
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to the Subaru web sites for those countries and looked at the accessories. Google translate helped me in navigating around the pages.

I had looked at South Africa, Australia, Brazil, Slovenia and Sweden. In my mind it was a rough cross-section of the markets and what they might consider to be important.

The Australian model has rear-front view cameras in the lower corners of the outside mirrors. That was pretty neat, they had a few pictures on how it is useful for backing in to parking spots.

It's a stormy evening and I was watching lots of youtube tonight, even some of Bruceyyyy's stuff.

What got me started on it was thinking about the 3.6 and E85 fuel. That led me to the Brazilian web site as most of their fuel is E85.

·
Registered
2016 OB 2.5i Limited
88 Posts
Found the steel skid plate on a global site from searching the part number:

Subaru Global | Cover!

Wonder if it's something a dealership would be able to get a hold of. Nothing on Amazon or eBay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts