Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 OB 3.6r
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to see if there is a fog/light switch that fits into the follow locations? Circled in red.

I found the fog switch that's located upper right, but that won't work.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm looking to see if there is a fog/light switch that fits into the follow locations? Circled in red.

I found the fog switch that's located upper right, but that won't work.

My 15 and 18 both have the factory fog light switch on the turn signal stalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 OB 3.6r
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
same with ours. I was hoping there was an option for a button so I can add a light bar

·
Registered
2018 2.5 Outback
82 Posts

·
Registered
15 OB 3.6r
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a base model 2018 2.5i that didn't come with fog lights. I just purchased the factory fog light switch and bulbs from the bay, and plug and play. All wiring in place already. The switch is pricey, but is factory, and could be wired to fogs or light bar if willing to run new wires. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Subaru-Outback-Fog-Light-Switch-OEM-NEW-H4510AL100-/322441190147
Where does that switch mount? Is it in the same spot as my picture in the first post? On our outback the top row punch outs are longer rectangular and the bottom appear short rectanguls. I think that switch only fits on the top row???

I need a switch for the short rectangle spots on the bottom row.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5 Limited
226 Posts
Where does that switch mount? Is it in the same spot as my picture in the first post? On our outback the top row punch outs are longer rectangular and the bottom appear short rectanguls. I think that switch only fits on the top row???

What does the service department say?

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,074 Posts

The installation instructions show the installation of the switch, they are linked here - https://subaruonlineparts.com/subaru-outback-lamp-p-3706.html

·
Registered
15 OB 3.6r
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
15 OB 3.6r
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So a little update, I pulled the dash/switch area apart an it looks like the switch I need has to seat in the electrical panel behind the dash panel. They are not held in by the dash panel itself.

I think the two spots I have available are for lane change warning and collision avoidance (not sure what it's called) Without cutting into the factory electrical panel wiring I am not sure it will work as planned with the fogs...

·
Registered
76 Posts
So a little update, I pulled the dash/switch area apart an it looks like the switch I need has to seat in the electrical panel behind the dash panel. They are not held in by the dash panel itself.

I think the two spots I have available are for lane change warning and collision avoidance (not sure what it's called) Without cutting into the factory electrical panel wiring I am not sure it will work as planned with the fogs...
Did you end up installing the switch in your preferred location? How was the install?

·
Registered
15 OB 3.6r
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you end up installing the switch in your preferred location? How was the install?
No I didn't. using switch that was on the wiring harness for the aftermarket light bar. Didn't want to pay the money for the OEM switch

1 - 12 of 12 Posts