Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been searching all over for the keyless kit for my 98legacy outback wagon part # H7110AS400 subaru says its now "obsolete" so my only hope is to find a dealership with it in stock. a dealership told me today that part number doesnt exist and that its part number H7110AS011

both of them work on sites like allsubaru.com and 1stsubaruparts.com but they are different prices.

is this guy nuts? did he look up the wrong model year or soemthing? anybody know if they are actually the same? could the old part number be whats obsolete?

·
Submod , ,
3,022 Posts
If yo mean the remote to lock and unlock the doors, I see these all the time on eBay.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
remotes are easy to find (yes, ebay all the time), i need the box that goes under the dash. in short the whole kit.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats it, however there is a wiring harness that it needs also.
what i've found out from the fabulous subiegal:
the old part number, H7110AS400, is whats obsolete, not the unit itself. It has been split into 3 parts no, and lucky us. its ALOT more expnsive this way.

module - H7110AS011 = $105.95
transmitter - H7110AS020 - $35.70
harness - H7110AS410 - $61.00

the old kit could be had for <$100 online at places like subaruparts.com 1stsubaruparts. com etc.. the prices above are from subiegal at subarugenuineparts.com and thats a SALE price. normal dealer prices have just the module for $140, :eek: i cant imagine what the transmitter and harness cost.

so screw that, i'm looking at an after market system with some fancy features for less money.

as an aside, subiegal is my new hero.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
adler
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing