Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 LL Bean 3.0-H6
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have nearly 100K miles on my '08 OBW LLB, and now the factory nav has decided to get flakey on me. By that, I mean that sometimes it won't boot at all, other times it boots but the display image is either rotated 90 degrees, or only half shows up on the display; other times it comes up just fine. When it's completely dead, the button labels will flash (unless the headlights are on, then they stay lit). Any ideas? I'd like to get a bit educated on what the problem(s) might be before heading to the stealership...

On a possibly related note, the display on the stereo also get strange from time to time - random pixels blink on and off although the functionality of the sound system is still reasonably OK. The CD advance/back buttons will sometimes stick on and go fast forward (or reverse), but that just might be age. I'd hate to have to shell out for a new unit... :(

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
As for what is the issue or issues, it could be many things. There is a place in New York that we used as a repair center for factory and aftermarket radios. It's called United Radio United Radio - Automotive Electronics - Quality Electronics Service Since 1923 .You will be charged a minimal diagnostic fee and they will fix anything they can up to the initial cost but you will have to find someone to remove it and fill out the proper paperwork. Due to their location and the current weather it may be a few days before you get a response but they seemed to be fair in the past.

Depending on what is wrong it may be more economical (not necessarily cheaper) to look at an aftermarket alternative. I would head to your local specialty shop to see what they offer, and see how much they charge to remove the radio for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts