Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
02 OBW 2.5 and 2012 OBW 2.5
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't know if this is allowed but i just picked up a factory remote start kit from ebay for 249 shipped...there are a few more on there at that cost

·
Registered
2010 Outback 2.5i Limited
6 Posts
I'm very curious about this. I'd love to hear about your experience after you're done installing!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's coming from a subie dealer and it's a factory part (correct part number ) so it should be fine. It's like alot of the 10-14 accessories are being dumped..i got factory wind deflectors for 119 shipped from a different dealer

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got it yesterday installed it today...took about an hour.
just need to have the programming done (i have to order a spare key so i will do it all at once)

·
Registered
2013, OB Limited, 2.5, dark gray. July 2016 - approx 55,000 miles.
52 Posts
Hi, really interested in this, namely

1) is $249 or $199 really cheap for this?
2) do the install instructions come with it, or did you find online?
3) once it's done, how much did the dealer charge for programming? I take it there's no way around using the dealer here?

Thanks

·
Registered
considering buying Outback
82 Posts
got it yesterday installed it today...took about an hour.
just need to have the programming done (i have to order a spare key so i will do it all at once)
Isn't there a way to start the car hop out lock the doors while it's running and return a couple of minutes later???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts