Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Indigo Pearl Outback, with factory-installed Flux Capacitor
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get an actual printed factory repair manual for my '012 OBW. Can these be ordered at the dealership? If so, how much do they usually cost? Thanks.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,865 Posts
I'd like to get an actual printed factory repair manual for my '012 OBW. Can these be ordered at the dealership? If so, how much do they usually cost? Thanks.
Free from me...I have the full service manual in PDF. It is the first version for the 4th gen OB. You are welcome to it. PM me for the link from dropbox.com.

·
Registered
2016 3.6R Limited
348 Posts
I ended up paying the $35 fee for 3 day access to Subaru's TechInfo site and then manually downloading each section of the manual and then reassembling. Don't do that... :28:

Download the manual from scooby's dropbox. :17:

Having the search functionality of an electronic document is HUGE. Any parts you want to have on hand for work in the garage, just print off those sections. If a few pages get dirty outside... just print them off again!

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,345 Posts
A real printed manual will cost several hundred dollars. PDF form, you will love it.

·
Registered
2017 Outback, 14 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 07 BMW E-93
604 Posts
Scooby:
How did you get the entire PDF? I would like a service manual in paper copy but seems like Tiaguy is saying that is not a wise way to go downloading each PDF.
I am guessing that you just print the PDF section you wish so you don't burn so much paper up.
I would be happy to paypal you something to get the dropbox and just print what I need once downloaded.
Is that the smartest way? I actually plan to buy another OB 14 model so I can see the value of having the manual...
Thanks

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Send me a PM and I can get you the 2010 manual in PDF via Dropbox or Google Drive, whichever you prefer.

If anyone has a later manual (2011,12,or 13) let me know, I'd love a copy.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,865 Posts
Scooby:
How did you get the entire PDF? I would like a service manual in paper copy but seems like Tiaguy is saying that is not a wise way to go downloading each PDF.
I am guessing that you just print the PDF section you wish so you don't burn so much paper up.
I would be happy to paypal you something to get the dropbox and just print what I need once downloaded.
Is that the smartest way? I actually plan to buy another OB 14 model so I can see the value of having the manual...
Thanks

I got a copy from someone...somewhere on this forum. Many thanks to that member and I am just passing it along. That is the whole idea of these forums...pay it forward. As for printing...I only print the section that I am interested in working with.

This manual is good for the models up to and including 12...there are some minor changes with the 13 so there may be some minor diffs...but overall should be a useful tool.

If you want a copy just PM me your email address and I will forward the dropbox.com link to you...which really will come from dropbox....

Cheers:29:

·
Registered
18,735 Posts
there are some minor changes with the 13
2013 has the new "FB" 4-cylinder engine; very different from the EJ 4-cylinder (e.g. uses time chains rather than belt), although perhaps some areas, such as OBD trouble codes, might be the same.

·
Registered
2011 Subie 3.6R Limited 2013 Cmax e=nergi PHEV
821 Posts
I got a copy from someone...somewhere on this forum. Many thanks to that member and I am just passing it along. That is the whole idea of these forums...pay it forward. As for printing...I only print the section that I am interested in working with.

This manual is good for the models up to and including 12...there are some minor changes with the 13 so there may be some minor diffs...but overall should be a useful tool.

If you want a copy just PM me your email address and I will forward the dropbox.com link to you...which really will come from dropbox....

Cheers:29:
Exactly. Awesome! Many thanks. Helped me to flush the brake lines and will help me again in the future for sure.

Aloha.

·
Registered
2012 Legacy 2.5GT-L
314 Posts
you can download it (as a bunch of small files which you could join together) from techinfo.subaru.com (a 72 hour subscription is around $30, iirc)

·
Premium Member
2013 Outback 3.6R Ltd- Nav, Eyesight, HK, Graphite Gray Metallic
815 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
Some of these manuals are available for a nominal fee from Down Under ebay.. I had 2 in CD-ROM from them for 05 and 10 Foresters. I am sure they have them for 2013 even though they get their OBs from Japan.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,370 Posts
Soooo who wants to put the 2013 Service Manual on a FTP site for the benefit of the forum? :D

You'll make a bunch of people real happy!

·
Premium Member
2013 Outback 3.6R Ltd- Nav, Eyesight, HK, Graphite Gray Metallic
815 Posts
This probably won't make me a lot of friends here, but personally I think these guys on eBay have already done this Forum a great service and I think we should support them. $20 is dirt cheap compared to the time and cost of downloading it from the SOA Tech Site.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
I agree Budaru! Great info - and thanks again!

·
Registered
2010 Outback 2.5 Limited, Sky Blue Metallic
320 Posts
I bought the 13 manual from a site on eBay a couple weeks ago. I think it was $30 or so. All PDF. Wonderful to have

EDIT: Just looked and it was $20. Here's the link: 2013 outback service manual | eBay
I try to buy one today for a 2010 and received the following message:
We're sorry, but the seller of this item is unable to receive funds at this time. :confused: Anybody else has tried lately?

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
I try to buy one today for a 2010 and received the following message:
We're sorry, but the seller of this item is unable to receive funds at this time. :confused: Anybody else has tried lately?
No problem earlier today - but, I have a feeling that for this kind of money, this seller was selling it illegally and it might have been an infringement of a copy righted material and therefore ebay probably shut them down...just speculating here...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts