Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Limited purchased 3 Nov '17
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 OB Limited H-4.

I am planning to install a trailer hitch soon. I was looking for the wiring for the factory hookup. On youtube there is a video of a hookup on the 2017 and the factory connector is located on the left side of the cargo bay. The floor panels have to be removed to access it. I removed the flloor panels on mine this morning and loosened the side panel and it simply is not where it is on a 2017. I spent an hour with a mirror looking for it and wasn't successful. There is one pass through wire bundle, nothing else. If anyone else has resolved this I would appreciate your help.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
Though I haven't installed on an '18, I would doubt that Subaru would change the location, maybe when the generation changes. I seem to remember mine was tucked up and taped to the bundle. Did you try to remove the entire panel or just use the mirror?

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Limited purchased 3 Nov '17
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Though I haven't installed on an '18, I would doubt that Subaru would change the location, maybe when the generation changes. I seem to remember mine was tucked up and taped to the bundle. Did you try to remove the entire panel or just use the mirror?
I looked again without removing any panels and I think I can feel the plug a little furthur up than I was looking before. Thanks.

·
Registered
2018 2.5 Outback
82 Posts
I have a 2018 2.5i base model and installed Ecohitch and Curt wiring harness last week. The factory plug is there, just hard to see. I didn't remove the side panels, just the floor. If you squat down at the level of the floor you can just see it. The blue tape is what you will probably see first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts