Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Sprout has the 2 smaller side under guards.

I wanna add the larger middle section. All I need is that piece and the bolts for it, right? Don't wanna make more trips to local junkyards than I have to trying to find an intact one.

Yeah, I know there are better skidplates. They cost the money and she's a highway cruiser, not an off roader/camper...that's Mal's job. Just want to keep the engine bay cleaner/aero help.

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback PZEV,2010 Impreza 2.5i
541 Posts
So Sprout has the 2 smaller side under guards.

I wanna add the larger middle section. All I need is that piece and the bolts for it, right? Don't wanna make more trips to local junkyards than I have to trying to find an intact one.
You may want to try OEM underguard with part # 56410AG15A.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,163 Posts
another "maxipad with wings" Gen3 discussion thread. ...see the search function there in the upper right.:wink2:

·
Premium Member
2007 2.5 L Obsidian Black Outback XTL
602 Posts
Those metal factory guards were obviously designed by someone who really wanted to work out the 3D functionality of their CAD software. All of those convoluted angles and brackets; they do look artistic but also appear fragile like a snowflake.

Not quite the same as the brutal simplicity you see with a Primitive, where it is a big slab of aluminum cut in to a shape with holes lined up for the bolts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.