Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the only A/T tires available right now for factory size at 225/60 R18 done today even the spare. Got rid of that black styrofoam that held the tools cause i could obviously utilize the space. This weekend ill be driving on pismo beach with the wife and In December ill be driving up to lake tahoe on snow! Which these tires bare the 3-peak mountain snowflake symbol for extreme weather. Would like to go meatier but ill wait for others reviews.
IMG_1393.jpg
IMG_1392.jpg
IMG_1389.jpg
IMG_1390.jpg
IMG_1391.jpg

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,307 Posts
Looks good! I am looking at the same tires and I have the exact same color/trim. What did you do with the original tires?

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,307 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT, 996 Carrera 4S, ‘68 Mustang Fastback
26 Posts
So does the truck mat sit flush without the foam?

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,305 Posts
Heh. I have that same jump starter kit.

·
Registered
138 Posts
These are the tires/size I'm getting too. Looks great! Will I have any luck squeezing the full size spare into the well of my 2019 3.6 Limited, or is it only possible with the 2020 Onyx XT?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just a quick update on the Falken Wildpeak AT Trail...when I got my 2020 Outback / Outdoor xt, I immediately installed a set of Falken Wildpeak AT Trail (All Weather tire) 235/60/18...as stock size was all sold out.
These tires have been specifically designed / targeted at the CUV market. I've been patiently waiting for mother nature to do her thing. Today here in Toronto she brought us freezing rain and snow. Spent a 70km today driving around in various conditions. Put some time on the highways, side streets, parks and unplowed rds. These tires honestly performed better than I expected them to and I can honestly say better than a set of Nokians WR I had owned previously. Where the Falkens really impressed me was stopping / braking. I'm extremely happy with my Falkens on my new Outback...a win, win! I would highly recommend these tires to anyone looking for peace of mind in all driving conditions and doesn't have to be bothered with switching out and storing winters and summer tires every yr. Cheers

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just a quick update on the Falken Wildpeak AT Trail...when I got my 2020 Outback / Outdoor xt, I immediately installed a set of Falken Wildpeak AT Trail (All Weather tire) 235/60/18...as stock size was all sold out. View attachment 474866 These tires have been specifically designed / targeted at the CUV market. I've been patiently waiting for mother nature to do her thing. Today here in Toronto she brought us freezing rain and snow. Spent a 70km today driving around in various conditions. Put some time on the highways, side streets, parks and unplowed rds. These tires honestly performed better than I expected them to and I can honestly say better than a set of Nokians WR I had owned previously. Where the Falkens really impressed me was stopping / braking. I'm extremely happy with my Falkens on my new Outback...a win, win! I would highly recommend these tires to anyone looking for peace of mind in all driving conditions and doesn't have to be bothered with switching out and storing winters and summer tires every yr. Cheers
I’m thinking about the same tire do you for a Touring XT that I have on order. Do you think the mounted tire would fit into the spare tire compartment under the rear floor. I’ve always disliked those mini spare tires that come with the car. Even though it’s been a few years since I had a flat I can afford to be in the boondocks with the mini tire especially if I’m off road. If you could let me know the mounted measurements of the tire diameter and widest thickness. The other questions I have is has the mileage changed for the better or worse with the new tire and how is the noise?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I’m thinking about the same tire do you for a Touring XT that I have on order. Do you think the mounted tire would fit into the spare tire compartment under the rear floor. I’ve always disliked those mini spare tires that come with the car. Even though it’s been a few years since I had a flat I can afford to be in the boondocks with the mini tire especially if I’m off road. If you could let me know the mounted measurements of the tire diameter and widest thickness. The other questions I have is has the mileage changed for the better or worse with the new tire and how is the noise?

Zero road noise on highways! The spare in the new Outbacks are a full size spare..which is 225/60/18...I can't tell for certain if it will fit but a guy on here was able to install his 245s contis in the spare location with minor modifications, so I suspect if you stick with the stock size in a falken it won't be an issue. Haven't really done any mileage testing yet, as I'm waiting to get a 1000km on the engine first. I suspect it's negligible if at all.

Hope this helps

Cheers

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT
99 Posts
Zero road noise on highways! The spare in the new Outbacks are a full size spare..which is 225/60/18...I can't tell for certain if it will fit but a guy on here was able to install his 245s contis in the spare location with minor modifications, so I suspect if you stick with the stock size in a falken it won't be an issue. Haven't really done any mileage testing yet, as I'm waiting to get a 1000km on the engine first. I suspect it's negligible if at all.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Only the onxy gets the full size spare. All other models get the donut size.

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT
116 Posts
Great to hear this.........the guy who did the deal for me on my new Onyx strongly recommended the Falkens over Geolanders, not that he had anything bad to say about the Geo's......he said what you did: the Falkens were engineered for CUVs and were solid performers in all conditions. I still have to make the decision in the next couple days: Falkens or Geo's?

1 - 20 of 132 Posts