Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 40 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT
116 Posts
Another bonus: the Falkens are ~$15-30 cheaper than the Geo's. Question: the two sizes available on Amazon are 225/55r18/98V and 225/60r18 100V. Sorry to be ignorant, but are they pretty much the same? Would one or the other be better?

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,018 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Another bonus: the Falkens are ~$15-30 cheaper than the Geo's. Question: the two sizes available on Amazon are 225/55r18/98V and 225/60r18 100V. Sorry to be ignorant, but are they pretty much the same? Would one or the other be better?
The 55s would put you over 3% outta spec....plus 225/60/18 is OE...if you can get that size grab em...I tried, but sold out all over Canada, hence going up to 235/60/18...

Cheers

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT
116 Posts
Thanks.......a local dealer has the 235/6018's and already quoted me $864 for the Falkens plus mounting/alignment, etc. Question: he specified them as "235/6010 107H".......what does the 107H mean?

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,018 Posts
The photo didn’t show the foam that I think surrounds the tire well on my touring XT Which cuts down on some of the space. I’m I miss remembering.
From what I remember from previous discussions, trims other than the Onyx come with a different cargo tray that intrudes into the wheel well. I don't know if you can modify the tray to fit the spare or if you have to get the Onyx's tray if you want to get a full size spare.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The photo didn’t show the foam that I think surrounds the tire well on my touring XT Which cuts down on some of the space. I’m I miss remembering.
I threw away the foam before I even had the Falkens on because I wanted to have extra cargo space for stuff. the foam was not needed, at least for the onyx trim.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would love more reports of how these do in the snow. I'm in Oregon and thinking about getting these for my `12 outback. Mostly city driving during week and mountains on the weekends.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was able to fit my 225/60 18 falken wildpeak in the spare compartment of my onyx. View attachment 474868
I see how nicely they fit. If I would get a 235/60 18 do you think that they would fit? If I use the stock 2020 Touring rims will that work with the larger tire? My car was just ordered so I have a couple of months to see all the tire feedback hopefully it will lead me to the correct choice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am thinking of getting the 235/60-18 for my 17 OB as the stock size was sold out for the Wildpeak AT Trails. Any fitment issues you encountered with yours? Does it rub or hit when at full lock out or maxing the suspension on bumps/holes? People usually put the Geolanders on but those are 29.1in and these are 29.3in. Not much but sometimes it can make a difference. Also, any issues with your eyesight system with the larger tires?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am thinking of getting the 235/60-18 for my 17 OB as the stock size was sold out for the Wildpeak AT Trails. Any fitment issues you encountered with yours? Does it rub or hit when at full lock out or maxing the suspension on bumps/holes? People usually put the Geolanders on but those are 29.1in and these are 29.3in. Not much but sometimes it can make a difference. Also, any issues with your eyesight system with the larger tires?
Great choice....exactly what I'm running on my 2020 Outback XT....I have just under 1000kms...with Zero issues! I've run them in everything a Canadian winter has thrown at us thus far and they have exceeded my expectations. A bonus is how quiet at highway speeds. I would comfortably say you can't even hear them.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

21 - 40 of 127 Posts