Subaru Outback Forums banner

101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
317 Posts
Plus, the 503's will ensure your wallet is way lighter too;)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
There can be some variation of tire spec numbers between various tire websites so I I took the liberty of contacting Method directly, which has been very responsive. Yep, the weight of your new rims would be 16.5 pounds! Did you have a chance to contact member markinho? If he likes them I think you're golden. As far as the tires, if I remember right he has the 235s, so that would be another step forward in verifying your fitment. Frankly, I think that 235/65-17 WP on MR503 Wildpeaks may be the ideal choice for you. Remember that one of the reasons the 235 weighs more is the extra plies (6 vs 4); it is actually rated higher than the 245- 108H vs 107H- so you're getting a good sturdy tire. I'm still leery of size 245;
OK Albert, you got me switched to the 235. I will contact markinho also Discount Tire. and I will keep you guys posted

·
Registered
17 Posts
Plus, the 503's will ensure your wallet is way lighter too;)
Yes I know. The good thing is I'm not in a rush so I will wait and check for some Discounts on the net. BTW I just lost the 10% Discount of Rallysportdirect.com end yesterday

Any help will be appreciate so please let me know if any of you guys see any Special Promotion on the Method MR503

·
Registered
2020 Onyx Autumn Green
80 Posts
Got the only A/T tires available right now for factory size at 225/60 R18 done today even the spare. Got rid of that black styrofoam that held the tools cause i could obviously utilize the space. This weekend ill be driving on pismo beach with the wife and In December ill be driving up to lake tahoe on snow! Which these tires bare the 3-peak mountain snowflake symbol for extreme weather. Would like to go meatier but ill wait for others reviews. View attachment 473525 View attachment 473526 View attachment 473527 View attachment 473528 View attachment 473529
What are your thoughts on these tires a few months in? I see others have them in non factory sizing and am wondering how they compare.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m strongly leaning towards these tires for my Outback. I see there were previous questions about how they perform in summer weather and the consensus is they would be good. I spend some time in the summer in the desert, where it gets up to 115 degrees. Would these tires still be good for that?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have not seen it posted, but for anybody wondering, I just got off the phone with Subaru and the stock 18 inch aluminum wheels are right at 29 pounds without tire.

now if I only knew how much the tire weighed, since it’s not available online.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT
98 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Onyx Autumn Green
80 Posts
Just a quick update on the Falken Wildpeak AT Trail...when I got my 2020 Outback / Outdoor xt, I immediately installed a set of Falken Wildpeak AT Trail (All Weather tire) 235/60/18...as stock size was all sold out. These tires have been specifically designed / targeted at the CUV market. I've been patiently waiting for mother nature to do her thing. Today here in Toronto she brought us freezing rain and snow. Spent a 70km today driving around in various conditions. Put some time on the highways, side streets, parks and unplowed rds. These tires honestly performed better than I expected them to and I can honestly say better than a set of Nokians WR I had owned previously. Where the Falkens really impressed me was stopping / braking. I'm extremely happy with my Falkens on my new Outback...a win, win! I would highly recommend these tires to anyone looking for peace of mind in all driving conditions and doesn't have to be bothered with switching out and storing winters and summer tires every yr. Cheers
Do you have any pics of your 235/60 R18s on your car that you could post? I’m really torn between the OEM size and what you’ve opted for. It looks like the 235’s are 4 pounds heavier each but I’m intrigued by the increased sidewall. Also, what kind of fuel consumption are you seeing?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT
98 Posts
Just received the tires today the actual weigh of the 235/65/17 wildpeak + Method 17x8 503 is: 53.6 lbs
Post some pics when you get them mounted! I seriously contemplated the 503's for the light weight, but ultimately went with the 502's for looks.

101 - 120 of 132 Posts