Subaru Outback Forums banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
And here in all its glory. Not shown: LPAventure Skid, Diff, and Subframe plates. All done by Ray and his team at Shoreline Motoring in Huntington Beach. They are an LP distributor and do amazing work- a pleasure to deal with!
They also installed a PedalBox unit, which is a lot of fun.
Shoreline_Motoring_Huntington_Beach_Subaru_Outback_2019_Method_Race_Wheels_MR501_Rally_Titaniu...jpg

·
Registered
121 Posts
What impresses me the most is how quiet and responsive these tires are for city driving.
So much better than the stock Duellers. The PedalBox unit has flexible settings for city and sport driving; I like it.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5 Premium (and a 1980 GL Wagon)
4 Posts
Have the Falken WildPeak A/T Trail 225 65 17's on my 2019 Forester Sport (stock tire size is 225 55 18). Didn't lift the Subie but may in the future - no rubbing problems. They are very quiet and decent in the snow but still not as good as the Blizzaks. I have a 10% incline driveway and had about 18" of slushy snow last week. Made it out but then put my steely mounted Blizzaks on until the snow melted. Still, the A/T Trails are a big improvement over the stock Falken ziex ze001s that came on the car and I really like the look.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Considering these tires for my '08 3.0 LL Bean. I like that they are snow rated but I also do a lot of highway driving. I notice the 225/55/17 are 29.2 lbs compared to say General Altimax RT43's I'm also looking at which are 22 lbs. Will I lose a substantial fuel mileage if I put these on my car? About how much?

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
The 225's will give you less unsprung weight. What advantage, other than looks, are you thinking the 235's will give you over the 225's?

Food for thought:

Excellent timing, I just found this article as well from a browser search comparing narrower, taller tires... Going to go that route as well! Thank you for the confirmation!

·
Registered
13 Posts
And here in all its glory. Not shown: LPAventure Skid, Diff, and Subframe plates. All done by Ray and his team at Shoreline Motoring in Huntington Beach. They are an LP distributor and do amazing work- a pleasure to deal with!
They also installed a PedalBox unit, which is a lot of fun. View attachment 481164
Great setup! First time seeing that exterior color on wheels/tires that were not stock.. Awesome contrast on colors.

Grew up in Huntington Beach myself also... Beach and Garfield

121 - 127 of 127 Posts