Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Outback wagon and for the past month or so the airbag light will stay on after I start the car about half the time I drive it. Other times the light will cycle on and off as normal. Today I finally had a chance to bring it to the dealer and after paying $99.95 the computer found a fault code 26. They said this indicates a wiring issue and recommended replacing the overhead console for $212. They are going to order the part but wondering if anyone else has had this experience. Will that solve the problem? When the light is on I suspect the airbag might not deploy but when the light is off do you think that indicates it will? I already have had to replace the whole wiring harness to the back hatch a year or so ago when I lost all my lights and the rear windshield wiper. It has 96,000 miles but I bought it new and it seems like it has more than its share of wiring issues compared to my first 2000 Outback.

·
Registered
2009 Tribeca Now - 2004 Outback EJ259 - Sold
1,069 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts