Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Toyota Tundra

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Nissan Titan

Votes: 10 29.4%

Favorite 1/2 Ton Truck

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Frojo 
#1 ·
I know this is a Subaru Forum, but I've always been into trucks. I'm sure a few people around here probably have one of these. Anyway what do you like?

#2 ·
I'm a chevy man myself...got a 95 1500 that has treated me well.

I like Dodges too, but never owned one myself. Anything but a Ford...I'd rather walk. (which, coincidentally, is why I hate Fords, they've left me walking too many times).

this isn't exactly on topic either but speaking of trucks...I just saw this morning on motorweek or some show like that that there's a new midsize HUmmer coming out for 2005. It will have an in-line 5 cyl engine but still looks a lot like the bigger brother. I don't know if this is a good thing or not. They'll be more affordable so more people will probably get one, but at least it's not a full-blown urban assault vehicle.

I must admit though, I'd really like one of the original diesel hummers...and not just for showboating through my overpriced subdivision, heh heh :D

#4 ·
I'm a little conflicted on this one. I really like Toyota trucks but if I was buying a 1/2 ton pickup right now it would probably be the new F-150. I've never had a ford truck let me down (I've owned two) and the new F-150 looks like a winner.

Kevin

#6 ·
Well, I've always been a Chevy man.
I am currently w/o a truck of any kind.
I sure do like the Dodge HEMIs and Durangos, of course, who wouldn't like power?

#7 ·
SubieFinn said:
Well, I've always been a Chevy man.
I am currently w/o a truck of any kind.
I sure do like the Dodge HEMIs and Durangos, of course, who wouldn't like power?
Well sir the thing is that most dyno tests I've seen show the almighty HEMI as a completely underrated, I mean the power this engine produces makes anything its in just a regular old stud truck :D

#11 ·
I wanted to get a Tundra crew cab when I was looking at the Pilot, but it just wasn't practical. I need a pickup about 4 days a year, and a "wagon-type vehicle" the rest of the year. I thought it was a nice size, in and out, and had a lot of nice features. The Dodge's are sharp looking, Fords ok, GM is goofy.

I loved my '90 Toyota SR5 extended cab (great seats) but the clutch was killing me in rush hour traffic, and we needed a "trip mobile" after shoe horning ourselves into my wife's Acura Integra for 10,000 miles in 3 months. I traded it in on an Exploder......oh well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.