• Other, Please Specify

Votes: 14 4.7%

• Total voters
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Outback 5speed
57 Posts
Re: Thank you automatic headlights for getting me pulled over!

What is your favorite oil? Do you use petro oil or synthetic? Also if anyone has any experiences or thoughts on this subject please feel free to jump in:D
Ohh i see. so u go from dim highs outside of the bridge but when u go under it goes to yours lows. Dang :0

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
95 Outback 2.2L/auto stone stock
24 Posts
Whatever is on sale, or white jug Rotella 15W40. In everything on the place from aircooled wet clutch motorcycles, to the 72 Super Beetle, 95 OBW EJ22, 69 318 powered truck, 49 218 L6 powered truck, to the 1958-2000 model tractors (gas and diesel, even the riding mower is diesel).

When we moved to WA in 2001, Lisa had Mobil 1 in her 85 Celica GT-S. Within 3K miles, the cam was wiped flat. That's the last time full syn went/goes in anything we own.

·
Registered
2003 OB 2.5L AT
66 Posts
I mix 1 quart synthetic with regular oil. Oil and filter change at 3000 -3500 miles.

When I opened the valve cover at 193K miles, it is unbelievably clean, it made a believer in me. Since the outback have high ground clearance, the placement of the filter and drain plug is very accessible without lifting the car, I don't see any reason why not to do 3000-3500 oil changes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Guess I'm the only redneck here as I use WalMart Super Tech full synthetic oil and Purelator filters. Have used Super Tech oils for many many years in cars including a WRX, currently in a BWM 325i and 2010 OB not to mention in the past in snowmobiles, out boards, motorcycles. Never had an oil related problem and ran up some fairly high miles with lets say sporting driving. The Super Tech oils meet all the top standards specified by Subaru - BMW etc. Hard to pin down just which refiner supplies which oil type at any one time to WalMart. Pennzoil is one who is or has. Maybe I'm foolishly lucky but all's been good and so is the price.

·
Registered
2013 Legacy Lim CVT Car: 2011 OB Prem 6MT Car: 2006 Miata GT 6MT mc: 2003 Honda GL1800A * Reunite Gondwanaland *
3,567 Posts

I like whatever the local Soobie dealer uses with his oil change special,
including: oil & filter & multipoint inspection & top-up fluids @ $25.95.
Also, a FREE tire rotation (with coupon). Half an hour, tops.

...sheesh! It's just a freakin' car, not my first-born child,

Looby

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
I like Mobil1 Full Synthetic 0w-30, but lately I've been too cheap to use it for every change. I always use it in the winter, though, since I figure the idling, cold weather, and longer intervals I tend to do (because I'd rather not change it in the cold) are harder on the engine.

How much of a difference does it really make? Who knows?

61 - 72 of 72 Posts