Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if we have another thread like this I can upend this but, just trying to make a sticky for everyone effected

or looking at used cars, = some of these will have been fixed already. (maybe with a CVT trans fix too).

lots more info at this link:

https://subaru.oemdtc.com/80/engine-oil-consumption-2013-2015-subaru

following in US/Canada spec years.

(not in world spec years,...so if you live in the rest of the world, do some more hunting....but probably the following years minus 1)..

APPLICABILITY:
2013-14MY Legacy and Outback Models with 2.5L FB Engines
2011-14MY Forester Models with 2.5L FB Engines
2015 MY Forester (Manual Transmissions Only) with 2.5L FB Engines
2012-13 MY Impreza and XV Crosstrek Models with 2.0 FB Engines
2014-15 MY Impreza and XV Crosstrek Models (Manual Transmissions Only) with 2.0 FB Engines

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a Subaru Outback 2014 2.5i Limited. Would mine be considered to be under that warranty as well? Do you know how I would go about getting my dealership to consider giving me an honest, true oil consumption test? I'm so frustrated I am ready to go to the local news station to have them help me out.

·
Super Moderator
25,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Subaru Outback 2014 2.5i Limited. Would mine be considered to be under that warranty as well? Do you know how I would go about getting my dealership to consider giving me an honest, true oil consumption test? I'm so frustrated I am ready to go to the local news station to have them help me out.
if you think you are having a consumption issue, and your local dealer is not handling it properly,

call the subaru 800 # and ask for a case to be opened and for another dealer.

(some of these depend on vin#, and if the engine used was in the bad sequence).

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 13 legacy and it's running Amsoil SS, and I have not see any consumption of oil yet. I am going to check this out.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Apparently the excess oil use problem was fixed in 2015 or earlier and the latest advice I have seen is that they honour warranty on any model up to and including the 2015 models.

Seagrass

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
seagrass
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing