Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These guys are full of it- don't even walk in the door. I originally ordered an 05 Legacy GT wagon from them- once they had my deposit they started to waver on the price. The sales manager gave me some crap about them getting a bunch of cars in and the window stickers were printed wrong and my car will probably be more than we agreed to. So I told them to put it in writing so there wouldn't be any surprises and they bs'ed me for about 2 weeks. Finally, I said to either put it in writing or give me my money back- they opted for the latter. The old dude who owns the place and I had even sat down and talked about the price and agreed to put it in writing- then he went back on his word. It's unfortunate too, because the salesman I was dealing with was top notch.

But things happen for a reason and now I'm with Bill Kolb Subaru, also in NY and couldn't be happier so far. I ordered a 2005 Legacy GT wagon from them, but after staring at the silver Outback they had on the showroom, called them the next day and told them to upgrade the order to the XT Limited. I'm very excited and can't wait to get my car!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Let me start out by telling you all that I work at Feder's Subaru. I am NOT a salesman, but I am VERY familiar with this gentleman's situation. I am quoting him below, and responding in caps to make it easier to discern who said what. They say there are 2 sides to every story, so here is ours:

Originally posted by jedimaster
These guys are full of it- don't even walk in the door. I originally ordered an 05 Legacy GT wagon from them- once they had my deposit they started to waver on the price.

THIS GENTLEMAN CAME IN AND PLACED HIS INITIAL ORDER ON 5/11/04. AT THAT TIME, NO SUBARU DEALER HAD 2005 PRICING. THERE WAS NO PRICE TO WAIVER OVER, AS NO PRICE WAS EVER QUOTED OR AGREED TO. I HAVE THIS GENTLEMANS FILE IN MY OFFICE, AND AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE LINK I WILL PROVIDE TO ANYONE WHO PM'S ME, THE PRICE IS BLANK. HOW COULD WE HAVE POSSIBLY QUOTED HIM A PRICE WHEN DEALERS HAD NOT RECIEVED PRICING AT THAT TIME?

Originally posted by jedimaster The sales manager gave me some crap about them getting a bunch of cars in and the window stickers were printed wrong and my car will probably be more than we agreed to.
I FIND THIS STATEMENT INTERESTING, AS NOT ONLY IS IT NOT TRUE, BUT HIS CAR, WHICH WE ORDERED FOR HIM, HAS NOT EVEN ARRIVED AT THE DEALERSHIP YET.

Originally posted by jedimaster So I told them to put it in writing so there wouldn't be any surprises and they bs'ed me for about 2 weeks. Finally, I said to either put it in writing or give me my money back- they opted for the latter. The old dude who owns the place and I had even sat down and talked about the price and agreed to put it in writing- then he went back on his word. It's unfortunate too, because the salesman I was dealing with was top notch.
ACTUALLY, MR. JEDI HAD INITIALLY ORDERED A LEGACY 2.5 GT, WHICH WE ORDERED. HE CAME IN 2 WEEKS LATER, AFTER WE HAD ORDERED HIS CAR, AND CHANGED THE ORDER TO A GT LIMITED, WHICH WE ALSO ORDERED AND ARE AWAITING IT'S ARRIVAL. ALL OF THIS WAS DONE ON GOOD FAITH AND TRUST ON OUR PART, WITH ONLY A $50.00 DEPOSIT ON HIS PART.

Originally posted by jedimaster But things happen for a reason and now I'm with Bill Kolb Subaru, also in NY and couldn't be happier so far. I ordered a 2005 Legacy GT wagon from them, but after staring at the silver Outback they had on the showroom, called them the next day and told them to upgrade the order to the XT Limited. I'm very excited and can't wait to get my car!

Feder's Auto Group LLC is a small, family owned and operated dealership. "The old dude who owns the place ", as jedimaster calls him, is actually, Mr. Feder. He is here 6 days a week, does NOT screen his phone calls, and has never refused a reasonable request from a customer in the 12 years that I have worked for him.

We are here to provide a quality car at a fair price to all. As much as people say that car dealers lie, the same holds true of some customers. We at Feder's pride ourselves on the honesty of our sales people, and in turn have honest customers that appreciate our no pressure approach.

I am pleased the Mr. Jedi Master got what he feels is a good deal on his 2005 Outback. I am sure that Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru will give him excellent service, and that he will enjoy his car for a long time. It is a shame that he could not have been more honest with us from the beginning in regards to a price he got from "some dealer in NY City", or that he would have been more understanding that we are a business, not a charity. I sympathize that he now has to drive nearly an hour out of his way to service his car, when he lives only minutes from our dealership.

There are two sides to every story. I have attempted to be as thorough as possible in my reply. I invite anyone to come to our dealership and get to meet our staff. Form your own opinion. If anyone has any questions, or I can assist you in any way in the future, please feel free to email me.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Feder's Subaru, Middletown, NY

Well, why not identify yourself? My only mistake with Feders was NOT getting things in writing. A gentleman's agreement does not suffice when dealing with people who are less than gentlemen. I beleive I was honest and fair in what I wrote in this thread. I was also polite. But to be blunt, the sales manager Jim is a shady character who changed his tune dramatically once he figured he had a very enthusiastic car person "on the line". Mr. Feder is, in no uncertain terms, a liar. He shook my hand and told me he'd take care of having things in writing. He never called me back and when I spoke to him at the dealership he double talked me. Yuri, the saleman, was top notch as I said above- I really wanted to do business with him as he went above and beyond being courteous and helpful. I told him as I left that I was sorry we couldn't do business. Too bad he works for people like that. As far as driving for my dealer service, that's no big deal as it's not too far down the road- this is not to say that Feder's service department is as poor as it's management, quite the opposite- I've had nothing but good experience with them.

If anyone doubts the authenticity of what I've written, please take into consideration what the gentleman wrote as he is willing to forward my personal information to strangers via PM. Thank you for admitting that- quoted and copied- this will be sent to Subaru.

I'm not out to give people a hard time unnecessarily- threads like these are put up for a reason- to help people choose intelligently which dealers to do business with. I give credit- good or bad- where it is deserved. Now I will be forwarding this new information about Feder's Subaru giving out my information to Subaru and we'll see how they see it.

Viet_Vet53 said:
Let me start out by telling you all that I work at Feder's Subaru. I am NOT a salesman, but I am VERY familiar with this gentleman's situation. I am quoting him below, and responding in caps to make it easier to discern who said what. They say there are 2 sides to every story, so here is ours:

THIS GENTLEMAN CAME IN AND PLACED HIS INITIAL ORDER ON 5/11/04. AT THAT TIME, NO SUBARU DEALER HAD 2005 PRICING. THERE WAS NO PRICE TO WAIVER OVER, AS NO PRICE WAS EVER QUOTED OR AGREED TO. I HAVE THIS GENTLEMANS FILE IN MY OFFICE, AND AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE LINK I WILL PROVIDE TO ANYONE WHO PM'S ME, THE PRICE IS BLANK. HOW COULD WE HAVE POSSIBLY QUOTED HIM A PRICE WHEN DEALERS HAD NOT RECIEVED PRICING AT THAT TIME?

I FIND THIS STATEMENT INTERESTING, AS NOT ONLY IS IT NOT TRUE, BUT HIS CAR, WHICH WE ORDERED FOR HIM, HAS NOT EVEN ARRIVED AT THE DEALERSHIP YET.

ACTUALLY, MR. MC******* HAD INITIALLY ORDERED A LEGACY 2.5 GT, WHICH WE ORDERED. HE CAME IN 2 WEEKS LATER, AFTER WE HAD ORDERED HIS CAR, AND CHANGED THE ORDER TO A GT LIMITED, WHICH WE ALSO ORDERED AND ARE AWAITING IT'S ARRIVAL. ALL OF THIS WAS DONE ON GOOD FAITH AND TRUST ON OUR PART, WITH ONLY A $50.00 DEPOSIT ON HIS PART.

Feder's Auto Group LLC is a small, family owned and operated dealership. "The old dude who owns the place ", as jedimaster calls him, is actually, Mr. Feder. He is here 6 days a week, does NOT screen his phone calls, and has never refused a reasonable request from a customer in the 12 years that I have worked for him.

We are here to provide a quality car at a fair price to all. As much as people say that car dealers lie, the same holds true of some customers. We at Feder's pride ourselves on the honesty of our sales people, and in turn have honest customers that appreciate our no pressure approach.

I am pleased the Mr. Jedi Master got what he feels is a good deal on his 2005 Outback. I am sure that Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru will give him excellent service, and that he will enjoy his car for a long time. It is a shame that he could not have been more honest with us from the beginning in regards to a price he got from "some dealer in NY City", or that he would have been more understanding that we are a business, not a charity. I sympathize that he now has to drive nearly an hour out of his way to service his car, when he lives only minutes from our dealership.

There are two sides to every story. I have attempted to be as thorough as possible in my reply. I invite anyone to come to our dealership and get to meet our staff. Form your own opinion. If anyone has any questions, or I can assist you in any way in the future, please feel free to email me.

·
Administrator
4,270 Posts
Gentlemen please do not get out of hand, thank you. Viet Vet, sir, I don't know if you made a mistake when you spoke about dealers receiving pricing, but this site had prices up before Subaru even released them officially (due to my own connections ;) ). That being said, as far as I know, this site was actually the first site on the entire internet that had the true invoice prices. The dealers within my local area (Omaha, NE) all had all the prices within a week of the MSRP release, I'm not trying to slam on you but it is the truth. I don't know if you meant 4/11/04, nonetheless I know for a fact that I had prices pretty much before anyone else... even dealers. Due to the strict confidentiality that I share with my contact, I held back on posting the prices too soon.

I will only ask the both of you to continue discussing if you choose to although please do not let tempers flare or I will delete this thread. Mr. Jedi if you had problems with this dealer so be it, don't go back to them. Mr. Vet, Mr. Jedi may be unhappy with whatever service at your dealer still thats only one customer. You can both defend yourselves and continue to discuss on who's right and who's wrong although I don't see anyone making any headway. Just call it even and let things be, if you feel you need to continue discussing than please do so although if you have any "heated words" to say please share them in a PM rather than in this thread or anywhere else on the board. I'll certainly take action if that does happen, thank you :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a problem. I'm not here to make anybody unhappy, just give an informed opinion. May I request that you delete the portion of thread that mentions the first part of my name? My name is rather unusual and I don't appreciate having someone mention it on the internet.
BTW, I know this was the first place to have the pricing- thank you for that- it made my negotiations much easier :) These cars are incredible- not only with the AWD advantage, but now with turbo power and gorgeous looks to boot!

·
Registered
33 Posts
i recently dealt with this dealership and I found them to be extremely fair.I got a FAIR price and I liked the salespeople.they seemed very patient and I did like their low key sales approach.
I do not care at all for salespeople who are overly aggressive.
the financial guy there was an absolute dream to work with. In short i am very happy with my Feders Subaru ecperience.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
leto said:
i recently dealt with this dealership and I found them to be extremely fair.I got a FAIR price and I liked the salespeople.they seemed very patient and I did like their low key sales approach.
I do not care at all for salespeople who are overly aggressive.
the financial guy there was an absolute dream to work with. In short i am very happy with my Feders Subaru ecperience.
Congratulations. Glad to hear it. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Feder's Subaru, Middletown, NY

jedimaster said:
Well, why not identify yourself? My only mistake with Feders was NOT getting things in writing. A gentleman's agreement does not suffice when dealing with people who are less than gentlemen. I beleive I was honest and fair in what I wrote in this thread. I was also polite. But to be blunt, the sales manager Jim is a shady character who changed his tune dramatically once he figured he had a very enthusiastic car person "on the line". Mr. Feder is, in no uncertain terms, a liar. He shook my hand and told me he'd take care of having things in writing. He never called me back and when I spoke to him at the dealership he double talked me. Yuri, the saleman, was top notch as I said above- I really wanted to do business with him as he went above and beyond being courteous and helpful. I told him as I left that I was sorry we couldn't do business. Too bad he works for people like that. As far as driving for my dealer service, that's no big deal as it's not too far down the road- this is not to say that Feder's service department is as poor as it's management, quite the opposite- I've had nothing but good experience with them.

My name is Wallace. I am the Business Manager at Feder's.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Loman Subaru

As long as we're commenting on dealerships, I'd like to say something about Loman Subaru in Parsippany, NJ. My saleswoman, Peggy Ann had the ultimate low-key pitch. She had the color Outback I wanted, put the magnetic dealer plate on it and (in exchange for the keys to my Mustang) let me take the car home, show it to my wife and drive it around for a few hours.

Needless to say, I bought it that day (after negotiating myself a free trailer hitch).

That's the way to do business!

On a humerous note: I went in there considering a bare-bones, no options wagon and bought the LL Bean she loaned me for the day.

PS: I still have the Mustang. It's my baby.

Kurt

·
Administrator
4,270 Posts
Re: Loman Subaru

kgeisinger said:
As long as we're commenting on dealerships, I'd like to say something about Loman Subaru in Parsippany, NJ. My saleswoman, Peggy Ann had the ultimate low-key pitch. She had the color Outback I wanted, put the magnetic dealer plate on it and (in exchange for the keys to my Mustang) let me take the car home, show it to my wife and drive it around for a few hours.

Needless to say, I bought it that day (after negotiating myself a free trailer hitch).

That's the way to do business!

On a humerous note: I went in there considering a bare-bones, no options wagon and bought the LL Bean she loaned me for the day.

PS: I still have the Mustang. It's my baby.

Kurt
Kurt if you like to comment on a separate dealer than you need to make a separate thread, sorry but your post will be deleted within a week as it is not relevant whatsoever to the subject at hand. I'm not trying to rant on you but those are just the rules,

Kevin

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Re: Re: Re: Feder's Subaru, Middletown, NY

Viet_Vet53 said:

My name is Wallace. I am the Business Manager at Feder's.
Oh yes- I remember you. The guy who has the grenade sitting on his desk- neat little prop. I also remember Yuri telling you "Jim's here" and you sounding very annoyed "Who's Jim"? :p

I also seem to remember you working at the Pontiac dealer down the road when I bought my GTP in 2000, so how is it that you've been with Feder's for years and years? :22:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Feder's Subaru, Middletown, NY

jedimaster said:

I also seem to remember you working at the Pontiac dealer down the road when I bought my GTP in 2000, so how is it that you've been with Feder's for years and years? :22:

Sorry, but you are not correct. I left Feder's, with Mr. Feder's blessing, in 1998 to help Bob Benitez, a friend, open the Pontiac store. I was there for 4 months to get his dealership organized and set up the various departments. I came back to Feder's after that, and was here in 1999 & 2000.

I am NOT interested in a pissing match with you, which you seem to pursue at any opportunity. You have your car. Why do you persist in being antagonistic? You're not a little kid.......just let it go.

·
Administrator
4,270 Posts
Careful gentlemen :14:

Mr. Vet is right, everyone just let this one go...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Feders Subaru

I own two Impreza's that I both bought used from a non-subaru because when I looked at the time I felt that Feders did not have many late model used cars with low mileage at a good price. That said I began using the dealers service department about six months ago and I can only say they provide great service. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The service is prompt and the rates are reasonable. I have been looking on the lot and the cars look much better. I will be looking to purchase another Car in May or June and I plan to give Feder's a try.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
6 Participants
jmo
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing