Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upgraded my horns today and I couldn't be happier! Here are two video, sound only, of the change. I just plugged them in for now using the factory plugs. Later I will setup a relay and power wire.

Fiamm: Low tone 72112 and High tone 72102

Taken from the drivers seat.:gasp:

First factory. Door open then door closed.

Then Fiamm. Door open / door closed.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I had an old beater of a Rambler once. I installed seven horns on that car. Anyone who knew me who had a horn laying around gave their horns to me.

When I tooted the horn, it sounded like a Freightliner was coming through your back seat if you had just pulled out in front of me.

I sure got the stares when I would blow those seven horns!

At night, when I blew them, all the lights would go dim!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't use my horn very often but when I do I want to get their attention.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Just got my 2nd set of Supertones mounted...drive around 1k a week and folks just don't pay attention..well they do now..nice and loud!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I like my Subaru Outback, but the car I love the most is my Porsche 928. Well it just so happens that the 928 came from the factory with horns that are silly, weak, and just plain high-pitched.

There is a company in Wisconsin that specializes in the 928 automobile, and they sell a kit to convert the terrible Porsche Fiamm horns over to GM products used on Cadillacs. This kit is a bolt on kit, and it WILL work directly on your Subaru. I do not work for this company, have no financial connection. I have this conversion on my 928, and I'm going to do it on my Subaru. Here's a link:

928 Motorsports - Porsche® Performance Parts - Hella 110 dB Twin Horn Kit - Porsche® 928 World record Holder 216.63537 mph

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
Normy
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing