Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005, Subaru Outback 3.0r LL BEAN
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a JAP tranny, and it hooked up perfect and all, but now I'm having some issues like when it's driving it lurches, or almost "release's" when swapping gears.
Unless there is something wrong with the trans that I just got.
But my theory is perhaps the final drive ratio is different in the rear diff cuz the tranny has a different final drive ratio then the USDM tranny.
Is there anyway anyone can confirm this for me? Or tell me how to find out the gear ratio on the one that's in it?
Here is the serial for the transmission I put onto the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,954 Posts
@Alain bought a JDM trans for his 2001 H6 project and may have a suggestion, and he did get some weird WRX one from the dealer initially before they sent him a more correct one.

does your car have a FWD fuse to try? (edit: VTD like yours should not).

Reactions: 1 Lucky Texan

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sadly as my 05 is an H6 LL BEAN it doesn't have a fwd option.
Would it be possible take the driveline out and drive the subie like that to see if that is the issue? Or will it leak out the back?
I thought maybe the rear diff from a LGT would work for it?

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,406 Posts
no problems mating it up completely? or did you use the bolts for that last 1/4" ?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no problems mating it up completely? or did you use the bolts for that last 1/4" ?

It mated perfectly! And flex plate lined up perfectly.

I just don't know what to do!

Here is something I noticed, if I have it in manual mode and keep it in 2nd then give it gas, by the time it gets to about 4,500rpm it shifts automatically! And it shifts all over the place!
It's got a check engine code
P0700
And p0037
Both don't help me in fining the issue.
Also the cruise control light flashes and sometimes the sport mode flashes too..... any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts