Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Outback 2.5i
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I posted a while ago about my outback getting a new exhaust. Well it's now been tuned by a CT tuning company, and has a new intake, pulg wires, and a whiteline swaybar. See pics attached!

OBX catback exhaust
Cosmo Racing CAI
Rallitek plug wires
Whiteline rear sway
RallyArmour mud flaps
Behind-Grille mounted fog lights
Custom ROM tune

Soon to be:
Legacy struts (lowering)
UEL headers

·
Registered
Somebody Else's XT
14,433 Posts
Awesome! I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in the dyno sheet & rough idea of the costs.

Cool project.

·
Registered
2006 Outback 2.5i
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It wasn't dyno tuned. The tuning was with a buddy, a computer, and doing highway pulls. It's about half the price and gives the same results. The installation of everything was really easy.

Price list:
Exhaust - $400 + $25 in exhaust hangers
Intake - $250
Mudflaps - $150
Tune - $300
Foglights -$50
Rallitek Wires - $45
Whiteline bar - $240 (?)

·
Registered
2005 Outback 2.5i
70 Posts
I like where you're going with this project. I wonder if UEL headers would have seen the highest gains vis-a-vis a tune...

·
Registered
2006 Outback 2.5i
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UEL headers will definitely show less power on a tune but the n/a subies don't have the rumble because they lack the unequal length. It's already fast enough to put civics with fart cans in their place, but the rumble sounds more imposing to me so I'm willing to lose a tiny bit of top end for that. Also was thinking about full avo links and front strut bar.

Granted, some stickers may add some more horsepower...

·
Registered
2003 OBW 2.5L 4EAT
860 Posts
A lightened crank pulley would be a good add-on as well. I have one made by Grimmspeed, just need time to install it. Less rotational mass=faster revs.

·
Registered
2006 Outback 2.5i
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've thought about the new pulleys, but I like the even torque band of the slower rotation for every day driving. The tune actually helps that. Part of it is similar to the AVO dbw system (cuts down on delay and increases variable throttle opening). Another thing worth noting is that if your OB has avcs, it increases mid range torque. So installing an intake won't be as detrimental to the torque band.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts