Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Valeo is now marketing a rear wiper that fits the 05 outback--available from tire rack. now we don't have to use the subaru model anymore

·
Registered
14,354 Posts
Am I missing something? I think I've only replaced mine once but I didn't need anything special... got whatever bosch or anco was on sale that week and it fit great.

·
Registered
16,298 Posts
The rear wiper blade has a different mounting system -- to remove the blade from the arm the blade is rotated about 90 degrees (to form a "T" with the arm) and then it comes straight off. It isn't the more common "U"/hook, or snap/bayonet, type fit.

I was aware of the Trico replacement (direct fit) -- this was the subject of posts here several years ago (e.g., http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/65-parts-accessories-performance/16754-05-outback-2-5ltd-rear-wiper.html), but not the Bosch or Anco. If they have them as well all the better.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
The Gen3s must be different from the Gen1s and Gen2s. My '04 has the same type of arm as the front wipers. A 16" Bosch Icon fit perfectly and works great. Same deal with our '98s.

·
Registered
16,967 Posts
Why replace the wiper frame? The blade inserts are 2 for $6 at any auto parts store?
there must 40 different kinds of inserts. I can never figure out which ones I need. Seems like shops around here are shy on inserts for each brand of blade they sell anyway.

i DID buy front inserts only for the '08 STI blades I put on my WRX - pricey units but VERY nice. I keep forgetting to test fit them on the front of my wife's 03 Outback....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
1 Lucky Texan
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing