Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got around to getting a '13 Outback 2.5 Limited (special-something) driven this morning.* Drove a new Outback five years ago, and this was a very different car. Biggest thing, and the one that broke the deal last time: I fit in the front seat (all 6' 6" and 275 pounds). Altogether a very, very positive experience, both as it pertains to the car and to the very helpful no-pressure sales of the dealership (Subaru of Champaign County).

Yes, we got our ticket stamped for our $50 VISA card, too. ;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is there a reason why you're choosing an Outback over the Venza and other SUW competitors?
My post wasn't more specific as our test-drive was, in a sense, premature. We drove the OB today because we only had until 1 October to do it and get the $50 VISA card. We don't actually plan to buy a new car until next year, when we'll be driving (at least) 3 or 4 cars in addition to the Subaru before choosing. I would say at this point only that the Outback remains on our short list. As for now, I'm still in "research mode."

NB: I could add that both my wife and I agreed that there were no nasty surprises or what either of us felt was a deal-breaker on the car. We both felt that the 2.5 had adequate acceleration, good handling and a comfortable ride in both town and on the Interstate. We drove the Limited trim, and felt that the bells & whistles were what we have come to expect in our SAAB, and the fuel efficiency is comparable. I should also state that price is not a factor in anything I've said, as that will not come into play until it's time to make a purchase.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts