Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 OBW Limited
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Gen 2 2004 OBW Limited 2.5 EJ259. Every time I change the oil I have to remove the sub-pan by releasing three "clips" (that look like large plastic phillips screws) before the access cover would slide forward. My clips were very tired and bare holding on. The parts diagram showed the clips but never showed a part number. Two dealers said I needed to but the whole under-engine pan to get those clips. A third dealer asked me to remove one and give it to hem for a few days. Subsequently he phoned to say the new ones came in. Dang if they aren't the exact replacement! Part number 909140010. $2.95 each.

I have learned so much here on the forum I felt I should give back whatever I could. Thank you. Hope it helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Outback Wagon 3.0 VDC
60 Posts
My local NAPA has a book full of various plastic fasteners, clips, etc. that meet all of my clippy needs. You may have to ask where the book is as it may be hidden out of sight. I'll try to take a pic of what I'm talking about next time I'm in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts