Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got an 06 OBXT about 2 yrs ago sfter looking for years for an 05 LGT but they were impossible to find near by, not modded much for a reasonable price and I kinda like the flares on the OB so I took the plunge. I found one w/low miles at POS stealership Gaithersburg Mazda but w/more than few undisclosed issues. Having said that Im here to glean some invaluable knowledge from this braintrust on the proper care & feeding of my OBXT

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,693 Posts
I had a feeling I was kind of being lurked at. Now I understand.

·
Registered
2000 Outback, 2006 Outback XT LTD, 2005 Legacy GT LTD
45 Posts
I'm new to the forum too. I bought a 2000 Outback LTD/AT with 160,000 miles recently and this site keeps popping up when I google things like engine codes, head gasket etc. The car has a lot of deferred maintenance and its becoming a big project. The radiator, oil pan are pretty bad so they are coming out. I think I'm going to do the head gaskets while I'm tearing it down. Also have a couple CV boots and some other suspension parts. The windshield linkage and drivers window need fixin too. Its a fairly easy car to work on. Parts are reasonably priced and available from a lot of different vendors.

How much should I expect to pay at the machine shop?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts