Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i Premium, CVT, Steel Silver, all-weather package. Upgrades: Tweeter kit, BlueConnect, media hub, remote start, Curt 2" receiver hitch.
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting pretty much zero snow in Maryland this year, I finally got a chance to drive through LOTS of it today. An unfortunate family event forced me to drive 800 miles to Michigan today. Approximately 300 miles of which were in snow. Most of the roads were either not cleared yet, or had been cleared and re-covered.

Fortunately, I checked the forecast before leaving, and decided it would be a good idea to mount my snow tires. I have a set of General Altimax Arctics on steel rims. They were AWESOME! A totally different animal than the Outback with the Contis or even the TripleTreds. Night and day. My father in law rode with me and he was very impressed. We couldn't get it to lose grip in an unplowed grocery store parking lot. Not even a hint of wheel spin.

Anyway, after 300 miles in the snow, I am ready for a nap (especially since it is 4am).

·
Registered
2011 2.5i Steel Silver Metallic, Limited , Moonroof
125 Posts
Nice. Sounds like a good but exhausting drive. I always enjoy driving in snow, but after several hours the concentration does take a toll! Even in traditional snow belt areas like upstate NY this winter, like last, has blown for snow. We had one whopper here a few months ago and I actually went out for a joy ride at 11pm for a few hours just for the chance to drive the unplowed roads. The Altimax Arctics are sweet snow tires, I think the best for the money on the market. I had them on my old mazda wagon and on my wifes forester. Much prefer them to the goodyear ultragrip ice wrt I have on my OB.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts