Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally after 3 years living with the junk oem Bridgestone Dueller tires we replaced them with Continental TruContact Touring tires and it's like we have a new car. We hated the OEM tires from day one and complained to the dealer to no avail. Any crossed wind and the Outback was a constant wrestle to keep it straight. The direction stability of the OEM tires was terrible, bordering on unsafe inspite of a perfect alignment. Also the tires were noisy when new and only got worse over the 42K km's driven on them. Subaru should be ashamed of the junk oem tires they put on these fine cars. We have both found a new appreciation of our car and the joy of driving it. Now if I can eliminate the vibration noise in the eyesight camera lense cover behind the rearview mirror I be very happy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm running the Conti LX 25 tires, and they are also excellent. Track straight, really good in the snow, excellent in wet or dry. And they ride nice and quiet, too. My 2015 came with Bridgestones, and while they weren't bad at all, the Contis are a definite step up.

·
Registered
2016 Limited 3.6R
292 Posts
I just installed Continental PureContact LS. Night and day difference. In a straight line they feel identical for smoothness and low noise.. but on any degree corner/sharp maneuver the Continental respond astronomically better and unlike the OEM duellers they are great on gravel/dirt roads. I always felt like I would slide off a dirt road on the duellers.

·
Registered
2019 Crystal White Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited
63 Posts
^Why did you not go with All-Terrain's? Any reason?

I am at the inevitable crossroads of replacing factory tires as well. Managed to squeeze 33,000 out of them, and I would say I have about 2-3k left.

·
Registered
'16 Outback Limited 2.5
6 Posts
Next tire replacement I may need to see what I’m missing with other brands. The original Dueller tires lasted 40,000 miles on my 2016 OB. They were balanced at 12k and continued with no vibration to their end. Would have preferred more miles; however, they stick to the road so nicely in rain and snow that I bought same tires as replacement!

·
Registered
2018 White Outback Touring 2.5i
684 Posts
Finally after 3 years living with the junk oem Bridgestone Dueller tires we replaced them with Continental TruContact Touring tires and it's like we have a new car. We hated the OEM tires from day one and complained to the dealer to no avail. Any crossed wind and the Outback was a constant wrestle to keep it straight. The direction stability of the OEM tires was terrible, bordering on unsafe inspite of a perfect alignment. Also the tires were noisy when new and only got worse over the 42K km's driven on them. Subaru should be ashamed of the junk oem tires they put on these fine cars. We have both found a new appreciation of our car and the joy of driving it. Now if I can eliminate the vibration noise in the eyesight camera lense cover behind the rearview mirror I be very happy.
I just put 4 of these Conti TruContact Tours on my car as well and they are great. Silent when compared to the OE Bridgestones with better gas mileage and they're very good in the rain. I mean cloud bursts at highway speed but I haven't used them in the snow yet. I kind of liked or got used to the Bridgestones. I learned when I had to rotate them because they would start pulling to one side or the other. But I did put 53k on the stones, so besides the noise I'm not complaining too much. I hope we get great mileage out of these tires as well. Have a safe one.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,529 Posts

·
Registered
2018 White Outback Touring 2.5i
684 Posts
Not bad for a 40,000 mile tire!
Yup and I could have put more miles on them but the wear bars were getting to be a little too visible for me. Plus there was a Conti sale and I had time to make the change so I did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts