Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Twilight Blue Legacy Premium
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked her up last friday, but I haven't had a chance to properly detail her. I just put the rain guards on today and I still have to put the weather tech mats in and the hood protector on. I was up at 7:15 and detailed my friends forester, so I ran out of energy because it's soo humid!

Anyway I've got 169 miles and have only used a quarter tank of gas! The car definitely has a smoother ride than my 2011 did, but there is more road feel. Steering is definitely better and I love taking turns and not feeling like I'm going to fall out of the car. The car is the most comfortable car I've sat in(I work at a car dealership and drive a lot of cars) and I'm just loving it overall.

If I have any complaints it would be the the harman kardon. I think it's actually worse than my 2011's. I'm coming from a 2012 Impreza Limited and it's sad that the screen was bigger and much nicer for the radio display. Those are my only gripes so far. Also, I had the upgraded speaker tweeter kit and it sounded much better than the harmon/kardon. It was clearer and deeper.

Here are some pics of her all waxed up with 3 coats of wax( I'm a detailer and OCD). No tire shine because I need to get 303 aero protectant first. I don't want the tire shine flying onto the plastic before hand.

Questions/comments welcome!

Not sure why there is such a glare, but here are the pics. Last one is sunshot so people could get a better idea of the color:

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Tungsten Outback 3.6R w/Eyesight. My 6th Subaru.
332 Posts
Awesome!
How well do the floor liners fit?
Weathertech could not approve them for the 2013.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Harvey,

I had the weathertech liners in, but took them out to do something. They fit great with no problems at all.

foxrider: Everyone is telling me that, but this one is definitely a keeper!

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Limited
74 Posts
Nice! What kind of detailing products did you use? I have car wash and clay bar ready while still waiting for the sealant to come.
On the liner fit, i guess the 1st row liners fit perfect but not the rear one. I have some pics showing the difference.

·
Registered
2010 outback. base 2.5
1,969 Posts
Congrats! Like the color inside and out. The sea of black plastic with oversized fogs takes some getting use to compared to the 10-12 models. Also, even in limited trim the soft touch dash and better info display in the new Impreza comes off a little more more upscale.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice! What kind of detailing products did you use? I have car wash and clay bar ready while still waiting for the sealant to come.
On the liner fit, i guess the 1st row liners fit perfect but not the rear one. I have some pics showing the difference.
I saw your pics and my liners fit perfectly in the rear. I did mention before that when I had my 2011, I had to "stretch" them out alittle bit to get them to fit right. Now they fit perfectlyin my 13. We are getting some nasty storms(car is in the garage), but I'll take some pics once I put the mats back in.

I use meguiar's NXT for everything. I've tried the expensive stuff and while it works great, I find the NXT product line(and anything from meguiar's) to work perfectly, putting a great shine that lasts. The wax lasts too, but I also wax my car once a month. I also put a coat of zymol on which was a PITA because it flakes when it dries. I just got back from getting 303 aerospace protectant. My friend as well as many people on here recommended it, so I figured I'd try it. It's not cheap!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats! Like the color inside and out. The sea of black plastic with oversized fogs takes some getting use to compared to the 10-12 models. Also, even in limited trim the soft touch dash and better info display in the new Impreza comes off a little more more upscale.
When I first saw the refresh, I wasn't too thrilled. I then saw it in person and it really grew on me. I agree that I like the silver surrounds better. People are complaining about the size of the foglights, but they are so much brighter. I was in a dark area last night with no street lights and I turned the fog lights off and there really was a huge difference on how the road was lit.

I loved the soft touch dash on my Impreza and was disappointed that the OB didn't get the treatment too. The info display is only better on the canadian models. The U.S. version had the same info display as the OBs.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sweet looking ride. The wood trim looks so much better than my '12!
At first I thought I liked the 10-12 wood trim better, but it's definitely grown on me. I wish it came with the wood trim that the 13 Limited Legacys have. I like the darker wood.

·
Registered
2010 outback. base 2.5
1,969 Posts
Not only do I like some soft touch high quality stuff on the Impreza(Acura'S TSX has this soft touch thats like styrofoam in look and feel IMO) I also like the bigger easier to read info display. The 14 Foresters interior looks identical to the new Impreza and XV but they are all based off the same platform so I expect a fresh approach with the 15 OB.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've driven some TSX and I agree that I like the feel of it, but not the look. While the display is bigger, it looks "cheaper" I guess you could say. I actually prefer the display of our cars better.

·
Registered
2010 outback. base 2.5
1,969 Posts
I meant the Impreza's display. The readout is larger than the current OB which makes it easier to read for us older folks......

·
Registered
2013 OB Limited Twilight Blue
36 Posts
Glad you picked up the Twilight Blue man. Are you ever planning on adding the rear seat protectors?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've been thinking about that. I'm thinking I may add that to my list. Never hurts to have the extra protection.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts