Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019, Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firewall pass through in a 2019.
I am leaning toward drilling a 1” hole by main wiring harness, installing a grommet and doing it that way. I need to run several power as well as other wires from cab into the engine compartment.

I have scoured web and read most of the post here but want to know if any better or more recent information based on a 2019.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
318 Posts
Dunno if 19 is different than 18 but I found an existing rubber grommet in the passenger side footboard near the center of the car. Easy to see with the carpet pulled up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
10,854 Posts
I used an existing one above the gas pedal and essentially added to the factory harness grommet.

How many are you adding?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need to pass at Very least 2 radio power cables and 2 RG58U antenna cables. But I’d like to have little extra room for future expansion.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This car is quickly becoming the MOST frustrating, mod unfriendly vehicle I have ever owned!!! 🤬
The engine compartment is chock full of crap, fenders and firewall are covered in carpet (WTF?) and I can’t find a single inch where I feel comfortable drilling a 1” hole for a pass through grommet.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
3,879 Posts
This car is quickly becoming the MOST frustrating, mod unfriendly vehicle I have ever owned!!! 🤬
The engine compartment is chock full of crap, fenders and firewall are covered in carpet (WTF?) and I can’t find a single inch where I feel comfortable drilling a 1” hole for a pass through grommet.
Sounds almost as cluttered as your signature. 😄

·
Registered
'15 Outback 2.5i Premium
2,451 Posts
Dunno if 19 is different than 18 but I found an existing rubber grommet in the passenger side footboard near the center of the car. Easy to see with the carpet pulled up.

Would you happen to have a picture showing where it is?

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
318 Posts
No pic, if you lift the passenger side carpet you can easily find it.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let me pull that tomorrow morning if I find it I’ll snap a picture.

Reactions: skipw

·
Registered
'15 Outback 2.5i Premium
2,451 Posts
Thanks. If you find it, there's still no guarantee it exists on the '15, but that would be a starting point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts