Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've put about 1500 miles on my 2013 (Premium 2.5 CVT AWP Pop #3) and couldn't be happier. My wife now drives my 2012 JSW TDI which is also a great car although very different.

Here are a few things that stand out:

Interior Space
The ridiculous amount of space is a huge upgrade over anything else that I have had and it is so great to have all of the space for my family and surfboards/snowboards/camera equipment. I have never had a car that I could actually sit in front of the rear facing baby seat.

Ride
The ride is silky smooth and I'm experiencing no lane wandering or alignment issues. I took it on a road trip and was comfortable the whole time.

Sound System
I miss the XM of my old car, but the Subaru IPOD connection through BT sounds great. Radio is poor, but I don't use it ever so it doesn't bother me.

Overall Impressions
It's my first Subaru and 4th Japanese car (Tundra,Tacoma,FJ). For the price the car has more to offer than anything else in its category. We traded in my wife's 2011 3 series and planned on saving some $$ so the Outback fit the bill perfectly. I get sick of cars very quickly and have owned about 9 different cars and am in my late 20's. The outback is the first car that I feel I can own for a while and drive to the ground. I surf basically daily and it is so surfer and outdoor friendly that there is nothing else I would rather be driving. I'm turning into a Outback nerd and am trying to get some friends with trucks to make the switch. I couldn't be happier and despite a slight rattle coming from near the glovebox I have no complaints. I figured I would just bring it up on my first service since it's not too noticeable. I realistically will own her for the rest of my life since I have driven my wife to insanity always talking about new cars and what new car I want to buy. I can't wait to put more miles on her and hope to have her for years to come.:18:

·
Registered
2011 Subie 3.6R Limited 2013 Cmax e=nergi PHEV
781 Posts
Its a great fit for a shortboard, gun, or log.

Ditched my F150 7 years ago and have never looked back. You don't need a truck to carry a quiver.

Congrats on your OB and hope you don't tire of the thing quickly, because auto depreciation is a heartless biotch.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a great fit for a shortboard, gun, or log.

Ditched my F150 7 years ago and have never looked back. You don't need a truck to carry a quiver.

Congrats on your OB and hope you don't tire of the thing quickly, because auto depreciation is a heartless biotch.
Yeah, been amazed on how many boards I can fit.

Definitely gonna be keeping this for a while !

·
Registered
2013 2.5 Premium
7 Posts
Timtom, I agree with all of your observations about your 2013 2.5 Premium. I too tire of cars quickly but as I am quite a bit older than you, this is my 37th car! I love my 2013 Outback and can say this is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts