Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Outback 3.0R Ltd RIP 2006 Baja Turbo
68 Posts
TY for the update. Is the body shop outsourcing the interior detail (spilled drink) and 4 wheel alignment?

·
Registered
'17 Otbk Prem. Wilderness Green
55 Posts
Tamugrad, glad to read everyone is safe and unharmed. My ‘17 bought new was just hit recently.

I too was recently hit. We’re both fine. Their insurance company is paying for the repairs and the rental car (so far $6700 in repairs). What I can’t get out of them is diminished value claim. Yet. They gave me the run around and gave me this whole drawn out process. I found this website https://www.collisionclaims.com/ and I hired them. Seems legit. So my question is, Has anyone out here had any luck with this company getting a diminished value payment from an insurance company?

Oh, and a BIG thank you to all of those members who contributed to the dash cam thread! A few years ago I wired in the Power Magic Pro with two Yi cameras 1 in the front and 1 facing back. The footage helped with the witness statement.

IMG_2374.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Tamugrad, glad to read everyone is safe and unharmed. My ‘17 bought new was just hit recently.

I too was recently hit. We’re both fine. Their insurance company is paying for the repairs and the rental car (so far $6700 in repairs).
That looks pretty nasty. I hope it is fixed well and soon.

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Is there anything I should be cognizant of before I pick up the car after it is fixed. My biggest concern is that the rear hatch opens and closes as it should, the back up camera is still in good working order and that the RAB system is still correct and that fitment is put together correctly. Is there anything else I may be missing in my post work inspection. Again I am not fearful of the body shop messing up, but of the wrong parts being ordered because of Geico's cheapness. I will continue to keep all posted. Only four more days until I can drop the car off.

·
Registered
2019 Outback 2.5i Limited
28 Posts
Glad everybody's well, they should send you a check for visiting the doctor to check everybody's ok.
1. The shop decides what parts to order, not the insurance.
2. A good shop will refuse to work with crap parts, they value their time.

BUT, all the insurance company care for is money, they do a very simple math.
Here are the variables:
1. Salvage value - how much will they make from selling your car at a salvage auction (SV)
2. Repair cost - how much does it cost to fully repair the car (RC)
3. What is the market price of the car (MP), it will include sales tax / tabs fee / etc

So their cost will be either :
RC - if they fix the car
MP - SV - if they total it
That's why in specific situations you might ask the shop to avoid expensive OEM parts because RC can to too high but it seems like it's not the case for you.
Now if they decide to total it and you don't agree with the amount of money they are giving you, in WA state they would be required to buy you a new vehicle, same make/model/trim/year. Don't know about Texas.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts