Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 limited Outback 2.5i, pzev, rear seat protectors, Venetian red pearl, all weather floor mats, rear cargo net, viper remote start, puddle lights, body side molding,
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my first subie oil change under my belt, put Mobil 1 0w20 in there and a k&n filter. I'd bought 10 of the crush washers, so I should be good for a few years. I was surprised at how much junk and dirt was in the filter tray. Wiped it clean, but man, seemed weird considering it's under the hood and up top.

·
Premium Member
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
18,130 Posts
Ooh!

product idea. A disposable 'donut' placed in the tray to be tossed out and replaced at each filter change!

·
Registered
13 Outback 2.5 Premium CVT
340 Posts
Ooh!

product idea. A disposable 'donut' placed in the tray to be tossed out and replaced at each filter change!
If the engineers were smart they would have installed a nipple on the bottom of the tray like Toyota 4.0 V6 has, I just slipped a 3/8 hose on it and dropped the end in the drain pan, no muss no fuss, no junk getting back into the engine.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
If the engineers were smart they would have installed a nipple on the bottom of the tray like Toyota 4.0 V6 has, I just slipped a 3/8 hose on it and dropped the end in the drain pan, no muss no fuss, no junk getting back into the engine.
cool idea

·
Registered
288 Posts
And sincee Toyota has part ownership and the Legacy and Camrys come off the same line, it's even more puzzling why things like this don't make it across the line.

O.

·
Registered
2013 limited Outback 2.5i, pzev, rear seat protectors, Venetian red pearl, all weather floor mats, rear cargo net, viper remote start, puddle lights, body side molding,
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ooh!

I like it, but you have to make a new type of fastener that can only be removed by Subaru Techs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts