Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it recommended that I take our 2019 Outback to the dealer for its first oil change or is the quick lube places ok?
Reading other threads I see that the first oil change was free to many, is this Subaru or the dealer? Called my dealer about their price and the service manager said he would “get back to me”! WTH he doesn’t know? Maybe he’ll call tomorrow! Makes me a bit apprehensive about my dealer and the other one is 3 hours away!

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
The quickie places are also known as Iffy Lube, among other names.

Unless you have medical issues, please consider changing it yourself. You will pick the quality oil and filter and know your baby was treated right.

My own preference is: self, indie shop where you bring the goods, dealer and lastly a quickie place.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
I've been driving 50+ years. For the first 40 or so, I always changed my own oil. The last 10 or so I no longer have the motivation. Too easy to take it to the dealer.

I would agree with Rub, if you are still a young person, do it yourself. If that is not an option, I would vote for dealer oil changes during the duration of the warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts