Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited with EyeSight
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to strongly consider a 2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring. 25k mi. Traded in from one owner for a three row Subaru/Ascent. Currently looking because my 4cyl 2015 Equinox while a great car-it simply can't make emergency or planned trips up to WV / family - and/or my husband and I may want to tow our Harley or a small trailer for my business. Can't decide if I"m making the right choice or if I should save the pennies for a Tahoe.

Comments. Not thinking we will tow often but this one has a certified subaru tow package on it.

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
Have been an owner of both. Both will handle your needs but hands down the Tahoe is a much nicer vehicle. Roomier, more comfortable seats and smoother ride.

Trade off is the OB gets better MPG.......and being taunted for towing a Harley with a Subaru :)

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
710 Posts
GM reliability is not the best do there is that...also dealer support are not nearly as friendly as SOA...

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
710 Posts
My 36 year old Corvette has only needed routine maintenance...guess I must have got a good one :)
so THAT's why GM has basically pulled all car production out of the US and shuttered Holden in Aussie land...because of their outstanding quality. :eek:

Me I got tired of replacing transmissions at 50K, timing gears with plastic inserts, etc. lifters, etc... THM200R4.. junk when it first came out...most GM transaxles today are still that way...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Have been an owner of both. Both will handle your needs but hands down the Tahoe is a much nicer vehicle. Roomier, more comfortable seats and smoother ride.

Trade off is the OB gets better MPG.......and being taunted for towing a Harley with a Subaru :)
+1

Get a Tahoe if you plan to do any towing. It will have double the towing capacity and be much safer with a trailer behind it.

Tahoe's have been around for 25 yrs and generally very reliable and parts are plentiful. There are many, many Tahoes still on the road today with 200k - 300k+ miles still running strong.

·
Registered
2014 3.6R Limited
936 Posts
My last Suburban had over 130,000 miles on it when I traded it in. The only thing I did to it besides oil changes was a battery at 7 + years,1 set of tires(ironically Bridgestone duellers) and changed the plugs and wires @100K hoping to get my gas mileage back that I finally realized was caused by the crap ethanol gas being introduced. It still had the original brakes and never burned a drop of oil.

That being said...A 4WD Tahoe I suspect cost at least 50% more than an Outback. Talk about sticker shock when I priced a new Suburban in 2012 over my 2004. My 2004 LT cost me around 40K and a similarly equipped 2012 was going to be in the 60's if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited with EyeSight
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a 2017 outback 3.6R Limited w/ EyeSight - 27k miles-immaculate - owner who traded it for a custom BMW something took excellent care -always the right thing for oil changes etc-I'm still planning to take it to the Subaru Shop since I got it from BMW dealership- need to build relationship from the start - and it's the same place the guy took it so they will remember the car. Thanks - and wish us luck!

·
Registered
'19 Outback Touring 3.6R
203 Posts
I got a 2017 outback 3.6R Limited w/ EyeSight - 27k miles-immaculate - owner who traded it for a custom BMW something took excellent care -always the right thing for oil changes etc-I'm still planning to take it to the Subaru Shop since I got it from BMW dealership- need to build relationship from the start - and it's the same place the guy took it so they will remember the car. Thanks - and wish us luck!
No luck needed. You're gonna love the 3.6!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts