Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I will be watching this thread for an answer. I have been watching the ebay listing for these and have not seen any reviews or any posts with first hand experience for these.
I have a feeling they might be ok, but returns with eBay is usually questionable.
I might give them a try one of these days;)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just curious how the wind noise is with this set up? My canoe J racks are quite noticeable.
I do notice it a little bit once you are over 60mph or so. It's easily overpowered with some good tunes though.
My wife hasn't mentioned it though so I guess not terrible.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Excellent - congrats on the purchase - sorry to hear about hitting a deer. I allowed myself to give you a few more ideas to make it unique yet also directly improve protection of the car's exterior/interior. We have the following on our 2016 so I can vouch for these - apologies for all the links:
1. Rear Bumper cover - can't tell from picture if you have it or not. Helps protect bumper from scratches when loading gear into the car.
2. Rear seat Back protector - when seats are folded down it creates a natural extension of rubber trunk mat. Extremely rarely but you can find them on the craigslist.
3. I see you don't have mud flaps. We have Rally Armor and they look really nice and do the job better than OEM (I have OEM on my 08). Pricey? Yes. But we keep cars till they start falling apart so we pulled the trigger on it. Made it a Christmas gift :)
4. Floor Mats for the interior. We went with full set of WeatherTechs (front and 2nd row). They are way better than Subaru's winter mats. I had fronts on my 08 for years and they are amazing with all the snow/slush we have in Wisco.
5. Yeah, those cars are beasts in the snow. Given we live out in the country in Wisconsin I decided to get dedicated set of winter rims/tires for this car. I was able to get a OEM set (exactly same set what my wife's car came with) of barely used rims/TPMS/tires here on Classifieds. Tires were removed and went into storage, my come handy as a replacement set later down the road. Rims were in so nice condition we made it Spring-Fall set (put Michellins on them). On the original set of rims we put Blizzaks on. It is amazing what this car can do with winter set on. That said i never get over confident despite of that as this is step 1 to a disaster. I am not sure when the switch happen but 2016 is still on all TPMS while at some point Subaru switched sensors to a new frequency. So if you get new rims for your Subie it might be worth keeping your original rims and throw winter tires on them.

cheers!
Marcinho
Thanks for the detailed advice, appreciate it!

We picked up a large dog cover for the back, it covers the rear seats and also has a fold out flap that goes down over the bumper, I like it.

I have been thinking about the rally armor mud flaps, I like the look a lot.

Just got back from the tint shop today, really happy with the look now.
I would have done it myself, but I know how finicky it is and it's been a long time since I did my own, so too it to a shop and done in 40 mins.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Going to install an under seat sub, the newer 250w 10" Kenwood.... Hoping it'll go under the passenger seat nicely;)

Just can't do a vehicle without a sub.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It fits under either front seat perfectly, lots of foot space for rear passenger still.

Anyone know of an easy spot to find the speaker wires (without pulling the dash apart)? Hoping I can maybe find the rear wiring before it goes into the doors....

Also, good spot for a switched 12v?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
It fits under either front seat perfectly, lots of foot space for rear passenger still.

Anyone know of an easy spot to find the speaker wires (without pulling the dash apart)? Hoping I can maybe find the rear wiring before it goes into the doors....

Also, good spot for a switched 12v?

Thanks

I can't answer it directly but info in this thread might help - a powered sub is basically an amp install:

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I got the power ground and remote run last night as well as a layer of deadener and ensolite foam on the passenger floor while I had the trim off and carpet up.

Just need to figure out the easiest spot to get to the speaker wiring now.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Finished the install today. Found an empty fuse location under the hood for a switched and a constant power so that was easy.

I really didn't want to disassemble the dash just to get signal, and I already had the door panel off before to install the infinitys (along with a harness adapter, nice place to tap into signal without disturbing factory wiring).

It was a bit tricky getting through the rubber between the door jamb, but carefully with a cost hanger finally fished it through.

Sub sounds nice, not earth shattering lol, but fills in the missing lows.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Bought some summer wheels tires today, should be here in a few days according to discount tire.

Went with Method 502's and Falken Trail's. Should give it a nice look.

I stuck with factory tire size, wasn't sure I was ready to worry about rubbing/lifting/vibrations etc.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
What color are the 502's? It's ok I can wait for the pics! :)
Had to go black, my wife thought the bronze and grey looked"weird" lol, it's her car so black it is!
I might try to make some small accent colors on the side badges or something down the road.
Keeping the factory wheels to put back in in the winter.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts