Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i, Premium, Cypress Green w/ All Weather Pkg, Bluetooth and Back up camera
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased a new '13 Outback 2.5i Premium and I love it already put 1.2K miles on her in less than 2 weeks. Awesome features, awesome mpg, awesome car. Subaru has impressed me so far, any recommendations for care or maintainence?! :29:

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6L Limited with EyeSight
218 Posts
The new 4-cylinder engine with 0W-20 oil tends to use oil more than one would normally expect, especially during the first 10K miles.

Following the owner's manual for maintenance is a must; be sure to see if your driving style fits under normal or severe maintenance.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Any car your not familiar with always check the oil in the same parking spot every 500 miles or so till you get a good feel for just how much oil it might be consuming and how often you might need to top off. All cars consume oil however many may not consume enough for the crude dip stick check to really show much of a change.

Our old VW with 58,000 miles on it has always burned close to 1 quart every 1200 miles. Had we never checked the oil for the 4000 mile change cycle the engine would have run dry and failed a long time ago.

·
Registered
2019 Bronze Limited
205 Posts
Welcome to the Club and Semper Fi Jarhead!

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i, Premium, Cypress Green w/ All Weather Pkg, Bluetooth and Back up camera
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips guys, we just had some pretty cruddy snow/ice/slush mix here in central PA yesterday, I took her out and tested the Symmetrical AWD and it performed like a champ i was surprised at how it was able to focus power on the wheels that had traction to keep me going straight. I will definitely keep my eye on the oil level, my old 2001 VW Jetta TDI used to guzzle it down after she reached 250K so I'm relatively familiar with checking oil! One of the awesome features i've seen at least on the Subaru website is the My.Subaru account which I can create a profile and update my miles and service performed on my car AND it has a recommended schedule for servicing which is sweet. Great stuff! haha Thanks WIBrewDude, this forum is pretty cool and I look forward to making some friends and learning a lot! Semper Fi!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts