Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Touring
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I got a new Outback 3.6R Touring in Wilderness Green over the New Year's Eve weekend to handle family duties.

I was hoping to get a Lexus RX350, because of the incredibly sweet lease deals, sumptuous interior, and panoramic sunroof. But wife found the Outback an easier jump in size, after having driven mostly small cars - like the Fiat 500 and VW Beetle.

It seems the Outback is so popular in SoCal, especially in the Wilderness Green Touring trim, that dealers are ordering Outbacks with lots of factory installed accessories to bump up the price of the car. It was a challenging negotiating situation given how greedy the dealers were getting with the low supply and how fast these Outbacks were getting sold. Luckily I was able to find a dealer that was willing to give me a good deal on an Outback that had just come off the delivery truck the day before.

My Outback came with about $2,500 accessories, most of which I didn't care for. It had the popular pkg #3 (auto dimming mirrors with LED spot light, all weather floor, cargo, and rear seat matts, LED dome light, etc..), remote start, footwell LED ambient lighting (really???), wheel arch body cladding, splash guard, and sunshade.

The engine already consumed about 1/4 quart of oil, probably from engine break-in. But I'm loving it so far. Looking forward to taking advantage of lots of great info here. Thanks.

Sam

·
Master Caster
🖤💔💙 3 Beautiful OBXTs
16,306 Posts
Welcome! You'll love your Subie. Best part is fellow owners are always very willing to help out.
I like this ...

5 posts and a lifetime member.

No free lunch for you, where's you sense of new Subaru entitlement? Or all you already sick of all of the free gifts. I am sadly one of those who are not at all new to Subaru, but new to new Subaru owners.

Thanks for supporting the site.

·
Registered
22,806 Posts
I recall that the CA Subaru dealers in Socal and now Norcal are being bought up by the Auto Groups which case they dont negotiate much if any CA Toyota dealers are the same way now in major metro areas. Subaru basically only offers three trims with very few and minor options. Sounds like you got the Touring package highest trim.

Watch the oil consumption its not exactly normal but it could be due to high speeds on the Socal freeways. First 1500 miles really try hard to keep it under 4000 rpm there is a breakin process read the owners manual.

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback 3.6 Limited
16 Posts
I like this ...

5 posts and a lifetime member.

No free lunch for you, where's you sense of new Subaru entitlement? Or all you already sick of all of the free gifts. I am sadly one of those who are not at all new to Subaru, but new to new Subaru owners.

Thanks for supporting the site.
Not sure what you're getting at exactly...Between my husband and I we actually have three. The Outback is the first one that is solely in my name. He has both a 2018 daily driver STI and a track ready blob eye STI.

Just wanted to support the site because I knew I would be on here a lot...

·
Master Caster
🖤💔💙 3 Beautiful OBXTs
16,306 Posts
Not sure what you're getting at exactly..

Most new owners join up here and b*tch. They nit-pick the cars, they complain about the site being slow. Those who don't are a welcomed change.

Just wanted to support the site because I knew I would be on here a lot...
I did the very same thing when I was just a few posts in.

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback 3.6 Limited
16 Posts
Ah ok got it now. I have zero reason to complain. Nothing is ever perfect and I have only had positive experiences thus far. Plus this site has a wealth of information that has already proven helpful. As an example, I removed my plastic lumbar supports and seats feel SO much better. Next is installing RSB, new rims, and audio system :)

·
Master Caster
🖤💔💙 3 Beautiful OBXTs
16,306 Posts
Ah ok got it now. I have zero reason to complain. Nothing is ever perfect and I have only had positive experiences thus far. Plus this site has a wealth of information that has already proven helpful. As an example, I removed my plastic lumbar supports and seats feel SO much better. Next is installing RSB, new rims, and audio system :)
See that, it's paid for itself a few times over already.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts