Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Touring
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a 2018 Outback 2.5i touring last week and should see it arriving sometime in February. Just wondering, is wilderness green not a popular color? I've had my share of silver, white and black vehicles and decided to go green this time. I live in Los Angeles and my dealer couldn't locate a single one in this color anywhere in the lower half of California or whole state of Arizona.

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,794 Posts
Welcome from one of many SoCal fellow Subie owners.

Which dealer did you order from?

You find that your car is very good for our traffic, especially for the nuts that frequent the freeways and make traffic so enjoyable. If you have to commute there are far worse cars and you'll find it's pretty easy to park must everywhere.

Green? Yeah, I can't say it's my favorite and I don't see many of them so I'm not surprised you had to order one.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Welcome and congrats on placing your order. Hope your dealer can locate one for you. I have a 2018 2.5i Touring in wilderness green and really like it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcomes! My preference in colors actually was Crimson Red Pearl but unfortunately it isn't available in the touring version. Whomever is in charge of "color coordination" at Subaru apparently didn't think the red exterior went well with the brown leather interior...who knows?

I eventually ordered it from Subaru Sherman Oaks, close to where I live. It was a rather enjoyable and civilized experience dealing with them. I had already done my research, knew exactly what I wanted and had been negotiating with 3 other dealers (not Sherman Oaks) over a 2 week period, Ontario, Long Beach and San Diego. I initially used Truecar to locate inventory.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I would've gone with the Crimson Red too if it was available in the Touring trim. I agree it would look sharp with the Java interior. Why the top trim level has only 4 exterior color choices is a mystery to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts