Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my first two faults this past three days. One I knew was going to happen and the other I really kind of knew as well. So out at our annual family men's weekend one of my cousins didn't have a place to sleep so he slept in the back of my Outback. Well three days without a start and him opening and closing the tailgate many times a day led to battery dying. Thankfully my jump pack started it right up. Then yesterday morning on the way to work the TPMS sensor came on. Thankfully all tires were under inflated (which means most likely no puncture) because I do not think discount tire put the right pressures on when I was there for my last air check. All is well now, but I am interested to see if the battery has major damage after being drained. If so I will replace with a better battery.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
After FULLY charging the battery, I use a tester not unlike this one ==> https://www.amazon.com/ANCEL-Battery-100-1100-Automotive-Analyzer/dp/B07Q6NBXQG/ref=sxin_1_ac_d_rm?ac_md=0-0-MTJ2IGJhdHRlcnkgdGVzdGVy-ac_d_rm&keywords=12v+battery+tester&pd_rd_i=B07Q6NBXQG&pd_rd_r=b75decc5-7a0f-4c4c-8f41-91974f7cf78d&pd_rd_w=d5U2A&pd_rd_wg=lVO6u&pf_rd_p=404c4843-2c96-4d0d-a5fe-2b0598693e61&pf_rd_r=K65J011GRDACV21Q62F1&qid=1568153977&s=gateway

This kind of tester uses electronic pulses to determine the internal resistance, CCA and other important details which other testers cannot.

If you do not have one of these testers, after FULLY charging the battery, you can go to any autoparts store and they will test your battery for FREE :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
I recently had a bunch of alarms because the guy at the gas station left the gas cap off, we can't pump our own gas in this state. Replacing the cap and clearing the P0455 code took care of the alarms. Unfortunately the battery did not recover, after setting for a few hours the Voltage would drop to around 10.5 indicating one bad cell. Since the car is only 16 months old I took it to the dealer and they put in another Subaru battery which I don't expect much from, but it didn't cost me anything. I have a jump start kit so if it fails I won't be stranded.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
tumbleweed 49
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing