Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve seen quite a few threads bout this but they all seem to die with no end.

2013 outback passenger seat thinks someone is in it, belt chime goes constantly with no objects or electronics near.

Buckling belt does NOT stop chime

Do I likely have a faulty seat occupancy sensor AND buckle sensor? What would be your first plan of attack if doing this at home? If I find an entire seat from a part out I’m assuming the swap would be mostly plug and play?

Thanks for any help, especially if anyone has had this same issue successfully fixed. As of now I’ve disabled the chime but really worried my passenger would not be protected in an accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 3L LL Bean Outback
243 Posts
If there's a diagnostic trouble code it may well point to the cause. Here's an example of the diagnosis procedure given a DTC for a 2005:

I would check for a DTC and check the car battery and then go from there. If it's the battery I would assume you would experience other symptoms.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New battery while problem was present, so I would assume not that.

May try to do the DTC thing. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.5i, 2009 Forrester 2.5 sohc
606 Posts
Subaru honors lifetime warranty for seatbelts, you should ask your dealer if this issue is covered.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Subaru honors lifetime warranty for seatbelts, you should ask your dealer if this issue is covered.

They said it wasn’t and that it’s either a sensor or the entire seat.... but they also did unauthorized service on my vehicle so not too trusting of that dealer anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts