Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an outback wagon on the 11/18/03 from a local dealer. But i just found out that the car had one fleet registration and the car's warranty actually statred from 11/01/03. What am i supposed to do? I mean I thought I bought a new veichle but it turns out not new. anybody had similar experience? suggestions and comments? thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
WOW I think that if you were not informed of the vehicle having been previously registered you would have a case against the dealership. I know I am not local but there must be consumer protection laws there too :mad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i am trying to find out how to sue the dealership. and I will post the information of the dealership so that nobody will be cheated again by them.

Jondalar said:
WOW I think that if you were not informed of the vehicle having been previously registered you would have a case against the dealership. I know I am not local but there must be consumer protection laws there too :mad:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
newoutback said:
yeah, i am trying to find out how to sue the dealership. and I will post the information of the dealership so that nobody will be cheated again by them.

Good plan, but have you tried talking to them, you probably should do that first to prove you've tried to be reasonable

Cheers,
Karl

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, i thought about this. but i am just afraid of being cheated again.
i'd better talk to some lawyer first.

Jondalar said:

Good plan, but have you tried talking to them, you probably should do that first to prove you've tried to be reasonable

Cheers,
Karl

·
Administrator
4,271 Posts
Wow, that sounds very schisty on their part :mad:

Definately contact a lawyer, but also take it up with the dealer as much as you can before you get into the legal side of things. If worse comes to worse I can contact one of my Subaru HQ guys and tell them about this dealer's dirty dealings. Not good, not good at all! I hate when dealers try to pull this kind of crap, it gives Subaru a bad name and they should be dealt with accordingly...

:behead:

BTW, what dealer did you buy it from? I see you are from Ann Arbor so I'm guessing its that one there. Call some other dealers to get their insight on this matter, be sure to speak to a manager and not some smuck salesman also.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, folks. thanks for your support. i would like to have this dealer un-named before this issue is resolved. it is not the one in ann arbor.

yes, i agree we cannot let those guys get away from this. they will do the same thing to difference people. we need to stop them.

Cao Cao said:
Wow, that sounds very schisty on their part :mad:

Definately contact a lawyer, but also take it up with the dealer as much as you can before you get into the legal side of things. If worse comes to worse I can contact one of my Subaru HQ guys and tell them about this dealer's dirty dealings. Not good, not good at all! I hate when dealers try to pull this kind of crap, it gives Subaru a bad name and they should be dealt with accordingly...

:behead:

BTW, what dealer did you buy it from? I see you are from Ann Arbor so I'm guessing its that one there. Call some other dealers to get their insight on this matter, be sure to speak to a manager and not some smuck salesman also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
newoutback
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing