Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 outback with the 2.5 NA motor. after replacing a broken passenger side radiator fan the power steering started foaming severly. I suspect I bumped something while replacing the fan.

I suspect that its an issue with the siphon hose/inlet but I am at a loss as to which part is the likely culprit. The plastic elbow seems to be uncracked. the hose is in good shape. The o-ring is not in great shape but i doubt bumping caused it to leak. any suggestions on likely culprits on a 2006?

sorry for this being my first post. long time lurker here.

Matt Smith

·
Registered
06 Outback 2.5i, 05 Outback Limited
856 Posts
I don't have the time to search for threads on it, but I feel like this has been addressed a few times. The o-ring on the suction line needs to be replaced, I believe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the time to search for threads on it, but I feel like this has been addressed a few times. The o-ring on the suction line needs to be replaced, I believe.
I should have mentioned that I had already searched the threads and found a number of references to the o-ring. The threads wre all for the previous generation and I didn't know what subaru may have changed since the earlier model.

·
Registered
06 Outback 2.5i, 05 Outback Limited
856 Posts
I should have mentioned that I had already searched the threads and found a number of references to the o-ring. The threads wre all for the previous generation and I didn't know what subaru may have changed since the earlier model.
Subaru's don't change much. If you're having the same problems as the previous gen, I'd go with it :29:

·
Registered
01 Outback H6 VDC, 97 GT wgn w/ ej22, 98 OBW w/ej22
1,401 Posts
what he said.

in the 00 - 04 years, the suction hose from the reservoir uses 2 o-rings to seal. i'm not sure about your year. but you can see the parts and find the part numbers at

http://opposedforces.com/parts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts