Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 02 OBW had one of the plastic guards that go over the fog lights suddenly go missing after driving on a somewhat rough road. I found another one online and installed it as indicated and made sure the word "TOP" was legible. It locked in place like it should but after about 50 miles this one also fell off. What am I doing wrong? The opposite never has this issue.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Outbacks, SVXs, XT6, 4Runner, Celica, Brat, E150s
479 Posts
On the '03 that I had for awhile, one of the mounting tabs on the light itself was broken off, and the guard would not stay on. I just removed both of them.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the '03 that I had for awhile, one of the mounting tabs on the light itself was broken off, and the guard would not stay on. I just removed both of them.
Here is the left and right side. The first pic has the guard attached still (driver's side) and doesnt fall off. You might have to zoom in on a smartphone to see the tabs. Not sure if right side is broke or I installed it incorrectly.

·
Registered
4, Gen 2 H6's: 2001 LLBean, 2002 LLBean, 2002 VDC, 2003 Plain...I love the H6's!
204 Posts
As soon as a Gen2 loses one of these guards, most drivers just take off the other guard and don't give it another thought. Only 1 of my 4 Gen 2s still has the guards :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As soon as a Gen2 loses one of these guards, most drivers just take off the other guard and don't give it another thought. Only 1 of my 4 Gen 2s still has the guards :)
Csn you notice any tabs missing or am I'm just not installing it correctly?

·
Registered
4, Gen 2 H6's: 2001 LLBean, 2002 LLBean, 2002 VDC, 2003 Plain...I love the H6's!
204 Posts
Csn you notice any tabs missing or am I'm just not installing it correctly?

The fog light guard should simply snap into place. If it does not, then a tab must be missing.

If you must have the guard on the car, then I recommend using an adhesive such as aquaseal or E6000.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts