Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both of the fog lights on mine have broken lenses. after perusing ebay and such, no one make a replacement plastic lensed one to fit it. I don't really wish to get glass ones again as they will most likely break again.

Anyone know of any sources for plastic replacements of some that will fit in the same spot?

Thanks

·
Registered
1996 Subaru OBW
22 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Outback Wagon Green 2.2 swap
50 Posts
I have always wondered if the 2000 to 2004 would work on the first gen OB. They have plastic lenses and seem to be more durable. I don't know how the light output is though since I have never had them both side by side to compare.
I have a set of Hella 500 driving lights and they are great, put out a ton of light. The only problem is that they are a pencil beam. They go about a mile down the road but nothing to the side. I would love to have the fog pattern. Most likely I will mount the driving lights on a roof rack basket if I ever make one.

·
Registered
'14 Subi OBW, '18 Subi Forester
1,977 Posts
My 2002 OBW factory fogs have thick glass lenses, not plastic.

There are clear plastic sheets that you can put over your lenses (like the clear hood bra material) that may help with stone hits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts