Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
07 Outback 2.5 Manual transmission,tow-hitch and heavy suspension
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 outback 2.5
I drive around with a light fog on the inside of the windshield all the time now no matter what mode I put it in. Is this a heater core and if so what part # and where to order one.:frown2:

·
Registered
2006 Subaru OUtback XT
88 Posts
Well do you smell something sweet?
It could be a leaking seal around a sunroof or door.
It could be a windshield seal leak.
Air Conditioning drain pipe blocked.
Air Conditioning not charged and removing the moisture from the air.
Not sure but on GM cars the windshield on the right side is right over the top of the Cabin Air filter and it has no cover to keep water running down in right inside.

But RockAuto had these for $65.79 - $76.79
http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...5930,heat+&+air+conditioning,heater+core,6864

·
Registered
2005 Outback R LL Bean 3.0 H6 w/ 5 speed sport shift
597 Posts
I have an 07 outback 2.5
I drive around with a light fog on the inside of the windshield all the time now no matter what mode I put it in. Is this a heater core and if so what part # and where to order one.:frown2:
are you certain your AC is working?
Do you have it on fresh air not recirculate?
Have you checked your floor mats to make certain there's no moisture?

If you've passes all these tests, likely a heater core.

You'll want to find a factory service bulletin that describes the process to change it out. I hope you don't have to remove the entire dash!
Look for the thread on mode actuators and there's a picture of the dash removed and I believe there may be a FSB that describes the process....I think that's where I saw it? If not, just ask and someone on here will have it.

Good Luck!

Afterthought: If you do have to remove the dash, I would recommend that you change out the mode actuator on the driver side. You'll be glad you did!

·
Registered
07 Outback 2.5 Manual transmission,tow-hitch and heavy suspension
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is a mode actuator and please send me a link to get one for a 07 outback 2.5

1 - 4 of 4 Posts