Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I blew the turbocharger on my beloved Outback which littered the rest of the engine with metal fragments. Bad news, real bad news.

The car also has some cosmetic body damage: scrapes on rear bumper from living in the city and an indentation on the driver's side door that can possibly be repaired using PDR methods.

I do not think I can afford the repairs needed to return this car to the road. Looking for best offer from anyone who is willing to perform repairs or use as parts car. I currently have a few offers that are far better than what I would get from scrapping it, but are still big bullets to bite. Figured this might be the place to find someone who could get the most value out of what's left or perform the repairs themselves.

The car needs to be towed and is currently located in the greater Boston area. I have no means of transporting it.

(In interest of being 100% honest, this classified ad is somewhat exploratory. I am racing against the clock to figure out what to do with this car. I am still currently trying to find someone who can competently repair the vehicle for an amount that does not rival its entire value. I will withdraw this ad immediately if I go this route. Forum mods, please contact me if this is unacceptable.)

·
Registered
2009 Tribeca Now - 2004 Outback EJ259 - Sold
1,069 Posts
Would love to start a new project car.
Too bad I have no space for one atm.
Need a bigger garage or pole barn to start enlarging the collection.

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
Not sure what you're looking to do with this car, but you wouldn't happen to have (and be willing to sell/ship) the roof rack crossbars, would you? Just a shot in the dark, as I'm looking for a set.

·
Premium Member
I has car.
4,621 Posts
Miles? Mt or at? Interior cloth or leather? Prognosis of engine (blown turbo. . Got that. Valve damage? Piston damage?) Pics would be stellar.

·
Premium Member
I has car.
4,621 Posts
Interested in a trade for a slightly older, slightly less turbo'd (going from 1 to zero is slight, yes?) Outback in clean, needs-nothing, ready to drive condition?

78k Limited (should have leather) and MT, for those who are curious and too lazy to follow the thread Rasterman so graciously linked to above. . .

·
Registered
'18 2.5 Outback LTD, Magnetite Grey; '11 Outback 2.5i LTD; '06 Outback LTD, MT; '02 Legacy GT wagon, MT
120 Posts
If you are parting it out, I might be interested in the wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.