Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Mazda 6 && 2007 Outback 3.0 LLBean, WGO
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uncertain if selling this car is the best route to go, but of course the right offer often makes decisions easier. I hope this kind of thread is allowed

Since I'm moving for a job, and already selling my other car, I'd thought to either bring this car or store it with my folks.
But, I just discovered that the HGs have been weeping for probably the last year, and I'm not sure I want to bring a "compromised" car to Hawaii, only to be doing repairs soon after. I'm going to replace the coolant and add conditioner, to see if it slows/stops the issue. In the meantime...

Is there anyone out there looking for a decent-condition 3rd gen LL Bean? Anyone want a project car, or another wagon to hang out in the driveway?
What do y'all feel a fair selling price would be for an average car this age with some headgasket issues? Various pricing guides and similar used cars for sale range from 2,400 to 5,500.

Willow green
159,000 miles
Stock mechanicals
No overheating, slight coolant loss (overflow empty after 3-4 months).
Average wear and tear
Dash cubby replaced with touchscreen headunit via Aux input w/ Android Auto and Carplay.
Backup camera / 360-degree camera kit.... pending install.
Trailer hitch added
No open recalls

Thanks for any attention and input!

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After looking at the bottom of the engine again, there is much less buildup than my memory had it. Plus, reading how many people here seem to keep trucking along with a bit of coolant seeping from the gaskets is a bit of reassurance, too. Sounds less like a death knell, more like starting to live with arthritis.

I am feeling much less panicked about this, but still am undecided whether to ship it, store it, or sell it. So, open to a buyer if someone comes along!

Picture uploads are awful from mobile, apparently... will add a few later today.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It's a car!
08-09 clear tail lights w/LEDs
Nav/cubby replaced with JVC HU for smartphone integration, running via Aux-in
LED bulbs inside except console backlights
Phillips X-tremeVision +100% low-beam bulbs
Double paint chip on rear passenger door/quarter, plenty of chips on the hood from it's age
Fresh coolant and thermostat as of last night

Attachments

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,039 Posts

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,305 Posts
Y'all causing me pains. I am, howver, currently off the market for a new car due to Adult Life Stuff(tm)

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2003 LL-Bean 82k, 2002 OBW 188k
117 Posts
I would be interested in the car. I've been looking for one in this color. Please let me know what would be a good way to get in touch with you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts