Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Outback
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This is my first post on the forums after several years of enjoying driving Subarus! I'm looking to trade (preferably) or sell (if needed) my 2010 Outback. This is a great car that has served me well for the last few years, but I recently moved to a very heavily trafficked neighborhood with narrow streets. I'm sad to sell it, but I now need something smaller and more maneuverable. Given the traffic, I'm also looking for an automatic transmission, too. I recently learned that Subaru no longer makes the Outback with a manual transmission, so I'm hoping that this car can go to someone who will really enjoy it.

It has 6 speeds and heated seats, my favorite perks. Air conditioning, seat reclinement, radio, power windows and locks, and CD player all work well.

Maintenance history: Brakes, clutch, timing belt, and water pump have all been done within the last 1.5 years on the regular maintenance schedule, along with oil changes. (I have all the maintenance records as well.)

Other disclosures: It's got a few scratches and a very small dent in the right front wheel well. It has been in a rear-end collision about a year ago, and I got body work done to repair it (left side, seems good as new as far as I can tell). It was also in a recent light fender bender, resulting in no damage except a few scratches on the front.

I can provide more pictures of the interior if desired. I'd ideally like to trade this for something of approximately equal value, but I would also consider selling it. For a swap, I'm looking for something the size of an Impreza or smaller. (I'd prefer another Subaru since I've had good experiences with them, but I'm open to other cars!)

I live just north of Boston and am available weekends and weekday evenings after 5. Please send a message if you're interested!

Attachments

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,163 Posts
:smile2:
great car there:

last of the EJ253, ...this one made with good multilayer steel head gaskets,...so not a problem 2013-15 FB25B.

and a manual 6 speed = not a problem 2010-15 CVT.

how many miles? and got a asking price? (this is a outback board...so lots of things just as big as what you got,...letting you shop for the impreza you want without tying to a trade).

Reactions: carverae

·
On the Super Mod Squad
27,163 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback; formerly 1950 Caddy model 61, '64 Sedan De Ville, '67,'68,'72 Mustangs etc.
58 Posts
Hello,

This is my first post on the forums after several years of enjoying driving Subarus! I'm looking to trade (preferably) or sell (if needed) my 2010 Outback. This is a great car that has served me well for the last few years, but I recently moved to a very heavily trafficked neighborhood with narrow streets. I'm sad to sell it, but I now need something smaller and more maneuverable. Given the traffic, I'm also looking for an automatic transmission, too. I recently learned that Subaru no longer makes the Outback with a manual transmission, so I'm hoping that this car can go to someone who will really enjoy it.

It has 6 speeds and heated seats, my favorite perks. Air conditioning, seat reclinement, radio, power windows and locks, and CD player all work well.

Maintenance history: Brakes, clutch, timing belt, and water pump have all been done within the last 1.5 years on the regular maintenance schedule, along with oil changes. (I have all the maintenance records as well.)

Other disclosures: It's got a few scratches and a very small dent in the right front wheel well. It has been in a rear-end collision about a year ago, and I got body work done to repair it (left side, seems good as new as far as I can tell). It was also in a recent light fender bender, resulting in no damage except a few scratches on the front.

I can provide more pictures of the interior if desired. I'd ideally like to trade this for something of approximately equal value, but I would also consider selling it. For a swap, I'm looking for something the size of an Impreza or smaller. (I'd prefer another Subaru since I've had good experiences with them, but I'm open to other cars!)

I live just north of Boston and am available weekends and weekday evenings after 5. Please send a message if you're interested!
Good Morning or Good Evening, it's so hard to tell when you'r going to read this...

Hi, I need a car ASAP, my 2000 Legacy GT wagon finally surrendered to the salt this week...Monday to be precise. I've been busier that a one-armed paper hanger trying to find a new ride.
The next trip for George III as I call it is the scrap yard....it's not safe to drive at all.
I've driven from Attleboro to Maynard to Barnstable to Hyde Park, and still looking...SWMBO has been kind enough to accompany me in our adventures, and the free dinners and alcohol have nothing to do with it, I'm sure.

I have to say I've been looking around pretty hard...the best candidate besides yours so far is an 07 Forester LL Bean with high miles, 183 K to be exact....and it's about 55 miles (Maynard) from home here in Plymouth.
I'm sure the used car dealer will go with the usual 50/50 guarantee of fifty feet or fifty seconds....

My problem is budget. I'd need to know what you want for your car. I would be paying cash, and need something that won't disintegrate in the next five to seven years. Yours has a lot of good repairs and service, and I don't much give a **** about scratches...I tend more to practical than pretty, myself.

Right now my budget is only $4000, and I'm pretty sure that won't be enough, but I have to ask, right?
EDIT: just saw your $5,200 price, this is probably out of my reach unless SWMBO agrees to loan me a few bucks. CONFERENCE ENSUING...

Your car looks nice from the photos, and you're not too far away. Besides, SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) wants another free dinner.

Ryan S. Grimm, Plymouth MA
My cell: 774-343-2012
Home: 508-746-3513

P.S. I'm new to the Subaru site here, learning a lot, need to learn more.

Thanks, RSG

·
Registered
2005 Outback; formerly 1950 Caddy model 61, '64 Sedan De Ville, '67,'68,'72 Mustangs etc.
58 Posts
Carverae,
I have been in successful negotiations with SWMBO, and now have a budget that can meet your proposed price. I would like to set up a time and location to view the Outback.
We will be in the Milton area on Sunday (26th) at a function from 1-4 PM, so we could meet you either before or after that time. A short perambulation to North-of-Boston would be no great thing.
And perhaps SWMBO will get to go to a nice brunch or something.....
Should Sunday prove inconvenient, Monday through Wednesday next week (the 27th -29th) we are available.

Sorry if this is a bit wordy...

I noticed the REPAIR sticker on the windshield....was this temporary, or is there still some problem? I see the March 2018 date on the photo...I know you had some work done...
I will not want the Beanie Baby, as I have my own to toss onto the dash.
It looks like the hood front has some sort of clear skin protector on it, good idea.

The repair and maintenance records are a definite plus! I plan on some longish trips this fall, and the low mileage bespeaks a long future life.

Having looked the OB up at cars101 (a true wealth of information!), I have been pleasantly surprised at the ingenuity of storing the top bars and the rear cargo cover...quite clever!
Does it still have the cargo cover? Not necessary, but it's nice to hide my gear (I DJ 78rpm records at a local brew pub, monthly). Yes, I'm quite the throwback.

I like that the dash has knobs and buttons for the controls...too many electronic touch-thingeys makes the Sgt. a confused boy. I'm very good at reading manuals, the Subaru ones are pretty well written, even though they can use a bit more indexing of items...it only took me a year to discover the hidden little loose-change bin on my LGT.

The heated seats...lo these many years, I have suffered the frigid mornings at O-Dark-Hundred on the way to the bus lot....where I get into a nice chilled school bus.
As far as maneuvering the OB, it should be a breeze...I have horrified many a passenger whilst negotiating the streets of Cambridge and Boston in a 40 foot bus...they sit in frank amazement as I wheel the beasts about. The Outback should be no problem for me.
I'm good with the manual trans, I liked my Legacy's...although since it was a GT, the shift range was a bit broad, with a pretty short first gear. The hill holder I had demonstrated to me by a friend with a 2010 some years ago, he really liked that car. He has a 2017 now, still a Subaru family member. In fact, he's the one that sold me on Subes in the first place, his wife owns one too.

Do you still have all three keys, and/or the metal key tags/codes? I like the key fobs being right in the keys...a good idea! Evolution in action...
I'm presuming the space-saver spare tire.
The alloy wheels are nice! Optional rear bumper cover...nice!
Can't see if there's a hitch, not a deal breaker. I'll install one if need be...I take a 1000 lb GVW utility trailer on long camping trips, also to haul large stuff like antiques and firewood if need be.

The added head room is nice, I'm 6'4"...I didn't so much get in my Legacy as put it on. The center armrest is a great feature, as the one in the Legacy was too low for long-distance comfort.

My contact phone numbers are above in the message thread. The cell works best for me; be aware I do not have texting, as the $20 my skinflint self pays each month does not allow it.
Nor does it allow my boss to contact me at annoying hours...just the merest of coincidences, I have found.

Hoping to hear from you directly,

Ryan a.k.a. SgtMustache

·
Registered
58 Posts
And thanks again eagleeye for your help, greatly appreciated!

·
On the Super Mod Squad
27,163 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon LL Bean (3.0 H-6)
9 Posts
@SgtMustache

I texted to your cell, but now see your phone may not have received it. Below is what I wrote...I'm also new here on this site forum and will need to figure out how to post pics. If you're interested and can send me an email address, I can send you pics that way.

Thanks!

Hi Ryan (SgtMustache). I saw your recent post on subaruoutback.org. Would you be interested in our 2002 H-6 3.0 Subaru Outback Wagon LL Bean (Leather interior, wood trim, heated seats, etc). The car has been with us since new, and only has 83k miles on it. It is my daily driver (few miles per day) and runs very clean. Its 2002, so the body has a couple of rust spots (see pics). It's never been in an accident and is in great shape inside and out. I have more pictures and additional info that I'm happy to share. It has been a really great car for my family, and we just want the next owner to enjoy it as much as we have. We are only selling it because we are considering a three-row vehicle. The car is located in NJ. Feel free to send me a text back, if interested. If not, sorry for the long text. Just thought it might be a good fit for you. Thanks! Suj.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks again for your help, I've since given up on this thread and bought an 05 Outback with all bells and whistles.
So far, so good.....since it's silver, it disappears in parking lots, so I'm considering making up a 'Mohawk" of sorts from push broom bristles to stick on top...the car is supposed to be fun, right? :)

Thanks again for all your help, and now to continue along my Sube path....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.