Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Outback Sedan 2.5 195K
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brake service for all four wheels: new rotors/pads. I don't have the time/tools/facility to do this myself, so I was calling around town this morning.

Local Subaru dealership: $1400

Average at 5 local shops I called: $400-ish.

Everyone was quoting OEM parts (no ceramic pads, performance rotors, ect) and labor. They were all very specific. The $1000 difference from the dealer literally made me laugh on the phone with them. $1400? Really?

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,345 Posts
And yet you better believe someone will stay pay that.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just like the vehicle speed sensor i ordered. Advance Auto = $191 + tax & shipping, Autozone = $89 otd with a battery hold down.

Ordered Bendix rotors, Bendix ceramic pads, lazer platinum ngk plugs, ngk wires otd = $250, was $400+ at Advance Auto (Advance usually has better prices than everyone around).

·
Premium Member
2013 Outback 3.6R Ltd- Nav, Eyesight, HK, Graphite Gray Metallic
815 Posts
When I bought my last car, a new Infiniti, I ordered a splash guard kit from the selling dealer's parts department. A month or so later I was surfing the accessories page on the Infiniti web site and found the splash guard kit's public list price was actually lower than I paid. I was shocked that a dealer would shaft a new customer who had just paid them over $40k for a new car. And I was pissed. I never went back to that dealer for any parts or service. That was just stupid on their part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts