Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 3.6 Premium
1,176 Posts
Ford just got fined 10 million is Australia today for having **** transmissions in the Focus and blaming customers. That is a massive corporate fine here in Oz. It is still a Ford and therefore is or will be ****..............

·
Registered
'18 Outback Touring Dark Blue Pearl 3.6r
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds serious. Ford Australia’s chief executive, Graeme Whickman should be fired or resign. All cars can have problems (Subaru head gaskets) but to put customers through what Ford of Australia did is unconscionable.

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
That ford catches my eye anyway... wonder if it can tow anything? Not like I need to pull much, but it is a must-have.

Another inch of air under it wouldn't hurt either.

·
Registered
'14 Subi OBW, '18 Subi Forester
1,760 Posts
According to today's announcement, that crossover 'wagon' and the Mustang might be the only car's left in the lineup come the 2019 model year. It's to become a crossover, SUV and Truck company going forward. Lots of luck come the next fuel shortage!

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Fibberbeat me to it. Last nights news was the only two cars left in their line up will be the Mustang and some still to be announced Ford Focus model. Its crazy that Ford can’t make the business work for cars but Subaru continues to crush sales numbers across the board selling cars. Crazy

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Fibberbeat me to it. Last nights news was the only two cars left in their line up will be the Mustang and some still to be announced Ford Focus model. Its crazy that Ford can’t make the business work for cars but Subaru continues to crush sales numbers across the board selling cars. Crazy
Ford sold 233,669 vehicles last month. Subaru a mere 58,097. Ford has a pretty good idea what is selling. There are many auto stories on how Americans no longer have a desire for sedans. They are slowing fading from the horizon.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,194 Posts
According to today's announcement, that crossover 'wagon' and the Mustang might be the only car's left in the lineup come the 2019 model year. It's to become a crossover, SUV and Truck company going forward. Lots of luck come the next fuel shortage!
in US offerings. the rest of the world, may still think sedans are nice and the companies make them and sell them.

might see some fleet cars,...like taurus 3.5 turbo cop cars remain.
(similar to them still knocking off the cheap crown vic interceptors, and town cars for police fleets and cab companies for a couple more years).

and updated thread title.

·
Registered
2019 2.5i Limited Forester (hers) (4th Subie), 2014 Impreza Premium (mine)(#5)
2,298 Posts
Ford sold 233,669 vehicles last month. Subaru a mere 58,097. Ford has a pretty good idea what is selling. There are many auto stories on how Americans no longer have a desire for sedans. They are slowing fading from the horizon.
Keep in mind that, depending upon what it is, an SUV is classified as a light truck. The Outback is considered a domestic car, the Forester and Crosstrek are considered imported light trucks.

I also consider imitation to be the sincerest form of flattery. There's only so many ways to bend metal, and aerodynamics works the same for everyone, so after a while all cars are going to start looking alike. I think that's one reason we spent so much money on developing the Global Platform - in the long run, it's going to save the company money and it fits in with our safety conscious attitude.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts